This exciting opportunity looks to recruit an experienced Lingerie Design Manager to lead the creative design and development process for a brand. You will need to demonstrate your passion for lingerie/swim intimates: have strong commercial market awareness, the knowledge of the Design process and experience of range building.
You will lead a design team responsible for the creation, development and fit (technically viable) pieces in line with product development plans, brand plans and brand strategy. You will be developing product to support growth in key international markets including Europe, UK, Australia and the US. Working closely with sister design teams to ensure that all selected ranges meet the seasonal brand plan.
Design Manager – The Job Outline
- Research and identify current market trends and innovations, and to present new ideas in design meetings.
- To source and develop materials, trims and componentry to meet cost and fit requirements.
- Work with internal teams to ensure all new product development is fit for purpose and consistent for fit across the brand.
- Monitor product development against critical path deadlines and attend meetings.
- Attend UK and European Sales Conferences and Sales update meetings.
- Ensure effective communication between internal/external departments
- Lead, mentor and motivate a team.
Design Manager – The Person Specification
- Experience within a similar senior Designer, or Design Manager position, within lingerie, swim or intimate apparel design is essential.
- Solid knowledge of lingerie/swim construction and manufacturing process
- Confident in range development, ability to identify and predict trends for a global marketplace
- Commercially aware and able to think strategically
- Strong presentation abilities
- Ability to influence, and develop strong working relationships with cross cultural teams
- A people person, someone who is able to lead, delegate, mentor and develop others. Previous experience of supervising or managing others.
- Highly organized, attentive to the detail and to manage critical path deadlines
- Good IT proficiency, ideally Adobe or Kaledo.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document formatstating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to - email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.