Design Manager (Womenswear) - Lifestyle Brand - London
We are recruiting for an experienced Design Manager to join this highly established lifestyle retailer based in London. The brand has an emphasis on providing its customers with stylish and quality wardrobe staples
Key responsibilities include:
• Provide vision for brand concept and lead team through execution of product design
• Build partnerships with cross functional teams (materials, product development, sourcing) to ensure print concepts are commercialize under specific seasonal timelines
• Lead the aesthetic execution of product, including: colour, fabric/finish standards, print and pattern, expression of fit and trim/findings and any other materials.
• Identify key seasonal trends and competitor analysis
• Issuing of sketches, flat drawings and technical sheets which will be sent to their manufacturer
• Attending regular fit sessions with the Garment Tech team
As a Design Manager, the essential skills will include:
• Strong technical knowledge on Womenswear across all categories, fabrics and trims,
• Excellent market knowledge and trend awareness with elevated taste levels with the ability to translate this to commercial ranges appropriate for specific customers' requirements
• Ability to negotiate and manage costings in relation to bulk production is essential
• Strong contemporary hand drawing skills and also the capability to work on Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Excel
• Previous experience with a Women's fast fashion Retail/Head Office environment
You will grasp the understanding of the brands signature shapes and best sellers and will be a confident communicator dealing directly with Manufacturers, Technical, QC and Buying teams.
This is a really exciting opportunity to be part of a growing business and have real creative input in a fun and dynamic team. They are a friendly company where you will have a voice and will be in a hands-on role leading a small team of designers whilst working alongside the Head of Design.