The Beauty Buyer will be responsible for managing branded beauty suppliers across a number of categories including cosmetics, skincare and beauty among others. The Beauty Buyer will have full category and supplier autonomy and be responsible for building trend led ranges, bringing on new products to ensure the business are ahead of the curve at the forefront of the beauty industry.
The client are an online retail business, specialising in beauty retail. They are extremely innovative as an organisation and committed to putting the customer first and supplying first class product as affordable and sustainable prices. They are able to gain significant competitive advantage through their vast supplier network and online presence, allowing them to reinvest into the company, to improve customer journey, product selection and promotions where needs be, but by no means are they a promotional retailer.
As Buyer you will be responsible for
- Managing vast branded supplier portfolio
- P&L management of beauty categories
- Building and trading commercial, trend led ranges to remain at the forefront of the beauty industry.
- Working alongside merchandising function to ensure demand is fulfilled and purchases are within budget at the best possible price
- Senior stake holder management, working alongside various departments such as Finance, Marketing, Logistics etc. to ensure all business units are up to date on projects being run and the current state of play
The Successful Buyer will
- Have Branded Beauty Buying experience having worked with key luxury brands previously across cosmetics, skincare or fragrances
- Have great knowledge of the beauty market, changes in trends and a track record of delivering for seasons
- Be customer focused, always thinking about innovative ways to provide the customer with more
- Have a solutions focused approach and an ability to work within a fast paced, dynamic environment with intellectual agility.
- Be a team player, proactive in their approach in updating relevant business units and liaising with senior stake holders.
- Be able to commute to London for most of the week, and have 1/2 days out of the office.
The successful buyer will be working from the clients office in London with 1/2 days a week off site. They will also be working in one of the most innovative and exciting businesses in the market, who are continuously announcing improved performance and growth opportunities.
The salary will be between £45-55k depending on experience.