Ethical and Compliance Technologist
The successful individual will be responsible for managing of fabric and garment testing, factory audits, retailer and licensor factory approvals.
A leading design, manufacture and supply business, who have long standing relationships with their customers.
- Manage the factory audit process and maintaining the SEDEX account.
- Ensuring the Company is compliant with all legislation relevant to our product.
- Manage the base fabric procedure.
- Keeping the master testing tick sheet updated and distributing to factories
- Highlight any potential issues with new styles/concepts/developments.
- Manage due diligence testing procedure and budget.
- Ensure all test reports are available in line with the critical path.
- Keep customer testing manuals up to date, update team / factories on changes to testing requirements.
- Support the UK, Bangladesh, China and India teams on Audits, Testing and Fabric technology.
- Support the design team on new fabric/print development testing and compliance
- To maintain customer relationships and resolve any issues that arise which involve audits / fabrics / trims / testing.
- Observe all Company Rules, Standard Operating Procedures and Company Policies, particularly in relation to Health and Safety, Harassment, Disciplinary and ICT Security.
- To understand and work with the systems - to help improve any of the procedures with the agreement of manager.
- Experience in testing / fabric background
- Experienced in the use of MS office, particularly MS Word & Excel.
- Has previous experience of dealing with customers.
- In depth knowledge of factory audits
- Willing to travel as and when required.
- Full Clean driving licence
- Ability to see a full range of colours
- Willing if required, to undertake a CRB Check
Competitive salary and the opportunity to work for an established supply business.