We are Uniform Suppliers to the hospitality trade and have a 173-year history of supplying the London hotel and restaurant market. Through expansion in the last 20 years we are now distributing our own brands of clothing throughout Europe and the Far East. In 2013, we were granted a Royal Warrant
The role is for a Garment Technologist with proven experience and strong technical ability to manage through to bulk production stages. With good understanding of garment construction, grading, pattern cutting and sizing with the ability to follow this through with suppliers. The ideal candidate will be liaising with customers and overseas supplier's, therefore great communication skills are required to ensure all quality and fit procedures are carried out. Critical Path management will be expected for lead times to be met. Travel may be required within the UK and overseas.
- A good knowledge of yarns, fabrics, dyeing and testing procedures
- Fully understand our customer needs and demands (e.g. price, quality, fit)
- Good interpersonal skills communication is key at all times.
- Computer literate MS Word and Excel
- A relevant qualification in Textiles or Fashion at degree or equivalent level
- Willing to travel to visit overseas factories approx. twice a year
Work alongside the Buying department and suppliers to develop products and ensure the quality standards meet our customers and business expectations
- Analyse gaps in the market and design hospitality appropriate clothing that is fashion forward
- Work with both the Buyers and Suppliers to ensure samples meet the correct design and quality requirements from initial concept into reality, continuing to work closely with overseas factories, monitoring quality, sampling, fabric stock and specifications
- Create & Issue product specifications and ensure the suppliers fully understand and apply instructions
- Advise Suppliers on any quality related problems as required. Develop good working relationships with supply base.
- Liaise with the Web & Marketing team on customer and product queries, ensuring that the final product is marketed correctly including participation in photo shoots off and on-site
- Inspect and measure garments for quality control.
- Create and update size charts and specifications
- Deliver training to the sales team on new products introduced
- Hours 40 hours pw Monday – Friday
- Holidays-25 days plus birthday plus statutory
- Salary 25k-30k depending on experience
- Group Bonus scheme.