As Account Manager you will be responsible for continuing the growth and development of new and existing businesses working on a volume account and one or two new smaller accounts for this established high street supplier. The role will work hand-in-hand with a dedicated merchandiser, pattern rooms and production teams in a people-centric culture. The successful candidate will have 4-5 years’ supplier sales experience in women’s soft wovens and jersey, thrive working in a large-scale business and enjoy having ownership of accounts managing the sales process and product lifecycle.
- Manage the critical path for your designated accounts working closely with a dedicated Merchandiser to ensure key deadlines are achieved.
- Attend customer meetings and follow sample requirements through to order.
- Account growth and development.
- Sourcing of fabric and trims, working with customers and the design team.
- Negotiate and manage prices, margins, lead times and quantities liaising closely with the Sales Manager and Merchandiser.
- Continual market, trend, catwalk and comp shopping research to identify key trends and styles for the season working closely with the design team to ensure accurate interpretation.
- Ensure proto and press samples are actioned in line with the critical path and arrive in good time and to the correct specifications.
- Raise PO’s and monitor the lifecycle of each order.
- Liaise daily with the Merchandiser to monitor delivery and intake plans.
- Maintain excellent customer relationships, proactively keeping them informed at all stages and mitigating against delays.
- Review weekly sales figures.
- Sales Executive or Account Manager with a minimum 4-5 years’ supplier sales experience in multi-product womenswear.
- Proven track record in developing and growing business.
- Strong product eye with excellent market awareness.
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail in critical path management.
- Experience building excellent relationships with buyers.
- Experience briefing and working hand in hand with designers.
- Ability to liaise effectively and diplomatically across the business and to follow through.
- Effectively manage timescales, workload and priorities.
- Self-motivated and results driven.
- Proficient in MS Office.