An exciting opportunity for an Assistant Buyer to work for a young fashion clothing company in Manchester.
Your new company
You will be working for a leading womenswear fashion brand based in Manchester who are stocked on major high street and online retailers. The company are well established with over 30 years' experience in the industry and are now looking for an Assistant Buyer to join the team.
Your new role
This is a blended role which will require working closely with the Brand Buying Manger, Brand Sales Manager, Merchandising and Garment tech teams. You will also need to be highly numerate and analytical. Capable of producing sales reports on weekly basis, monitoring stock levels and reacting to sales. As a brand in a young evolving brand the nature of the responsibilities may adapt with the needs of the business over time, and they require a candidate who is open to change and evolve within the role.
- With guidance develop awareness of product areas and understanding of sales performance and customer profile
- Working through the accounts best sellers, suggest developments or move on's and highlight any areas of OTB
- Attending sign off meetings with Buyer to achieve an understanding of the products we are showing to the accounts.
- Attending supplier meetings and support the Buyer with costing development to ensure margins are achieved and key information is ready for POs to be raised with suppliers.
- Support the Wholesale Product Manager with planning for the monthly account meeting to ensure the showroom is showcasing relevant product and visually appealing to drive sales.
- Support the Garment Tech with any fit queries long with buyer
- Ability to prioritise workflow and ensure challenging deadlines are met, in line with critical path.
- Assuming sole responsibility for the maintenance and day to day running of the CP at all times, chasing submits direct with the factories accordingly.
- Running a weekly meeting with the buyer to feedback at line level status of each style
- Demonstrates strong eye for detail, methodical approach and data accuracy.
- Managing the shipping process with the factories, ensuring the correct bookings are made and chasing for shipping documents.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to have at least 1 years' experience in wholesale or fashion buying to be considered for this role.
What you'll get in return
You will receive flexible working hours, a competitive salary and future progression within the company.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.