Womenswear Knitwear Designer
We are currently recruiting for a Womenswear Knitwear Designer to join our in-house design team in London! You will be responsible for creating and developing original knitwear design ideas, concepts, embroideries, fabrications and seasonal themes. In return you will receive a competitive salary and excellent benefits!
REISS has established a design philosophy centred on creating design-led menswear, womenswear and accessories. With an uncompromising commitment to delivering innovative and original products, we fuse exceptional design, quality and value.
At the heart of our business are our people. We all have a part to play in our continued success. Our people values are integral to this and support the entrepreneurial spirit that REISS was built on.
As our Womenswear Knitwear Designer, you will report directly into our WW Designer Director and work very closely on mood, trends, fabrication, research and development.
Responsibilities of our Womenswear Knitwear Designer will include:
- Developing design concepts through inspiration and research for the womenswear collection to create a seasonal and on brand aesthetic
- Design and create inspiring knitwear pieces that fully represent the brand’s heritage and seasonal point of view by sketching, draping and textile experimentation/development
- Present design ideas at meetings with the Womenswear Design Director
- Provide technical knitwear knowledge and support to the business as and where necessary
- Working with the Design Assistant to follow up throughout the season – amending sketches, updating colour cards, completing an overview of sketch launches (including fabric and colour allocation)
- Work with key members of the Production and Development Team to ensure the quality and timely delivery of the knitwear collection
- Understand garment construction and production constraints
- Produce detailed tech packs and liaise with suppliers & factories confidently
Our Womenswear Knitwear Designer will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years commercial knitwear design experience
- Design Degree level, ideally with knitwear specialism
- Good knowledge of yarns, knit gauges and structures.
- Highly creative and trend driven with a true connection to knitwear design
- Excellent CAD skills ideally with Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced fashion environment.
- Good understanding of garment construction.
- Able to work on their own- take initiative and work as part of a team.
If you think you have the skills and experience required to start your story as our Womenswear Knitwear Designer, then don’t miss out - apply now!