3 days left
- Job Type
A very exciting opportunity has arisen to come and join one of the UK’s fastest-growing womenswear brands in North London.
They are looking for a bright, diligent, proactive and skilled Garment Technologist to join their business. You will be supporting both the product development/ production teams through all stages of the product life cycle, from design through to manufacture. You will provide suppliers and manufacturers with specifications and other information so that they can produce trend led womenswear.
You will be working for a fashion business in a similar technical role.
Garment Technologist- The Role
- Manage the fit a technical process through from sample to production handover, measuring all samples and preparing for fits.
- Consistent checking of the quality and make-up of the samples, manage the specs and put together the detailed workbooks
- Follow through with factories on the comments to be actioned, ensuing the comments are relayed back to the factory correctly and chase through the PP samples for approvals
- Working with our in-house designers ensuring amendments are made to ensure sample is correctly produced
- Liaise daily with the factories and suppliers in the far east - potential to visit our factories in the future
- Advising on CAD's and making comments to assist pattern cutters
Garment Technologist- The Person
- A technically-oriented qualification, preferably at degree level, is essential, as is a minimum of 2 years’ experience of a similar role in a fast-paced environment
- Multi-product experience; able to move between product areas with assurance
- Experience of working directly with factories, and thorough understanding of factory production, including work-flow, production control, machinery and equipment
- Comprehensive understanding of fitting and fit issues is essential, and pattern-cutting knowledge and practise is very desirable; knowledge of grading and grade rules
- Thorough understanding of garment construction, fabric technology & testing
- First-hand experience of the AQL and QC functions, including re-processing
- First-class communication skills; experience of working with different cultures and the challenges this can bring
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team, as the role requires
- Able to meet new challenges with a positive attitude
- Strong time-management skills; able to prioritise tasks & change direction with agility
- Confident using Outlook, Excel & Word; keen to expand skill-set as the role demands
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
Apply for Garment Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly