Knitwear Designer - Ladieswear
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Ladieswear Knitwear Designer to join a leading supplier to fast fashion retailers within the UK and Europe to join their Central London office.
In this position as a Ladieswear Knitwear Designer you will be working closely with the team of 3-4 designers being involved in all aspects of the business: from initial concept to finished product. You will ensure that high quality products for the latest fashion are provided to all customers. The ideal candidate will come from a supplier background and is able to work in a fast-paced environment, where no two days are the same.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Accountable for creating ranges within the team based on the client's specifications
- Commercially aware of current trends and themes, developing ranges and working with production to ensure all garments are designed and manufactured in line with the business direction.
- Daily contact with overseas factories
- Translate ideas into commercial design for the mass market
- Produce artwork of styles to show to customers
- Produce detailed design sheets for the factories to work from
- Working alongside Account Manager, Buyers and Design Manager to create strong working relationships to ensure customer needs are being met
- Must have experience working as a Knitwear Designer for a supplier
- Knowledge of yarn and production construction
- Presentation of research and present it to the team and customers
- Able to undertake trend prediction
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team whilst also showing own initiative
- Computer Literate with knowledge of Freehand, Illustrator, Photoshop and Shima Apex systems
- Good technical knowledge of knitwear