2 days left
The Technical Manager is responsible for the day-to-day running of the production sample room managing a team of 16-18 garment technologists, machinists, production pattern cutters and a sample cutter. The objective is to ensure the technical process runs smoothly and adheres to the critical path for customers including Primark, Penney’s, Matalan working across multi product soft wovens, jersey and casualwear liaising with overseas hubs and the sales team.
- Manage the day-to-day workflow and priorities of the production sample room and technologists.
- Ensure production pattern alterations conform to customer expectations whilst protecting margin and costing.
- Ensure technical workbooks for the factories include final spec sheet and photos with make details for the factory ensuring they are both accurate and complete.
- Internally fit product: measure, assess and fit samples on the stand prior to fit sessions, making notes on specifications and discrepancies.
- Liaise with the overseas buying hubs and UK sales and merchandising teams to troubleshoot and resolve any issues.
- Organise, attend and participate in customer fit meetings.
- Ensure accuracy of information and excellent clarity of comments for factories to easily understand.
- Ensure factories produce and maintain garment specifications and customer grading rules.
- Check and approve graded specs with factories and amend where required.
- Ensure the team input accurate information for size charts.
- Monitor and oversee the critical path for all styles.
- Access and update online Customer Web Portals in relation to fits where required.
- Monitor any discrepancies with test approvals and wash/care instructions.
- Ensure fabrics and trims for Production Samples adhere to approved quality and appearance.
- Maintain the Technical and Production Photo Library.
- Continually assess quality levels and construction techniques, ensuring factories adhere to customer specifications, ensure that sealing samples follow retailer guidelines.
- Develop and maintain strong working relations with the design, sales, merchandising and production teams and customers.
- Technical Manager with a minimum 10+ years UK high street experience working with value fashion, multi-product womenswear including casual wovens, jersey and soft separates.
- Ability to manage the sealing process through to sign-off and Gold Seal.
- Excellent understanding of production requirements from a commercial and design perspective.
- Strong fashion eye with the aim of completing most of the work before sending out sealing samples.
- Experience in spotting, troubleshooting and resolving issues swiftly.
- Highly organised, detail driven, thorough and accurate.
- Sound knowledge of the critical path.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to bring out the best in the team through effective coaching and management in a demanding fast-paced environment.
- Proactive with the initiative to ensure the technical and sealing process runs smoothly.
- Computer literate MS Word and Excel.
Please note, eligible candidates must be living in the UK.