Product Safety and Compliance Technologist 6 months FTC
We have a great opportunity for a Product Safety & Compliance Technologist for Childrenswear to join a premium design led Brand to cover a 6 month maternity cover reporting into the Technical Manager. The 6 month contract is a FTC with an immediate start. The position can be a 3 or 4 day a week contract on a pro rata basis with the option to work at home subject to business needs.
As the Product Safety & Compliance Technologist you will be responsible for establishing best practise and monitoring processes with regards to product compliance; related to safety, labelling and regulatory compliance for all current and future selling markets.
Childrenswear experience and knowledge of European and US legislation is essential for this position.
Key accountabilities for the Product Safety & Compliance Technologist for Childrenswear include;
- Keep the business up to date with national, international and state regulations relevant to product safety, chemical compliance and labelling.
- Develop and monitor the processes for managing global product compliance to ensure all regulatory requirements are met for each market
- Product safety and non-compliance issues.
- Manage critical fault process and recalls
- Sole point of contact for Customer Services on legal issues
- Risk assessment procedure
- Implement product policies, guidance and procedure to ensure compliance with national/state/international laws of relevant market
- Testing programme
- Implement, manage and update seasonal product testing programme
- Create a database of reference information
- Provide the necessary updates and training to product teams, management and suppliers
- Communicate and train suppliers on new regulations
- Record and monitor conformance status and non- compliances
- Keep up to date with industry recalls
- Key Performance Indicators
- Achievement of key KPIs for product area
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323 or visit our website at www.q-hq.com. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.