MR PORTER – Menswear Design Manager
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is the world’s leading online luxury fashion retailer. The Group is a Global company with Anglo-Italian roots, the result of a game-changing merger between YOOX GROUP and THE NET -A-PORTER GROUP in 2015.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is a unique business with an unrivalled offering including multi-brand in-season online stores NET-A-PORTER and MR PORTER, and multi-brand off-season online stores YOOX and THE OUTNET, as well as numerous ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES, all “Powered by YNAP”.
Since launching in February 2011, MR PORTER has established itself as the premier global online retail destination for men's style. Editorial content put together by a team of dedicated Editors and Creatives sits alongside the latest products from the world's leading designers. 2017 saw the launch of Mr P. A new brand designed and created by MR PORTER consisting of a range of future classics that belong in every man’s wardrobe, updated five times a year with seasonal staples. Inspired by well-dressed men, past and present, and made with the best materials and producers, it’s designed to be as sharp as it is wearable, and as stylish as it is timeless.
Mr P. are now seeking a talented Menswear Design Manager to join the team based in our offices in Shepherds Bush, London. Reporting into the Buying Director, you will be tasked with leading, managing and supporting the team with research, design and the development of the ranges from initial concept through to production. This role is available on a fixed term contract.
- Be the driving force behind the creative product direction of the brand
- Provide strong and consistent product direction, owning the process of balancing the range to include development of seasonal key looks, fashion items and essential pieces appropriate for the Mr. Porter Customer
- Be a strategic business manager, overseeing the design teams processes, demonstrating best practice
- Build effective relationships and Influence effectively at all levels to inspire and debate key issues in order to get the best commercial results
- Demonstrate full ownership and responsibility for the output of the Design team
- Produce detailed and comprehensive briefs for fabric mills and garment suppliers
- Innovate and support new block and fit developments
- Research, select and develop new trims, labels etc. in line with the Private Label strategy
- Work with the Buying, Merchandising & Garment Technology Teams to deliver briefs and sampling in line with critical path requirements
- Work closely with the Style Director, Buying Director, Buyer & Merchandiser to generate and communicate key product direction and brand ‘handwriting’
- Continuously critique and develop new ideas to move the brand forward to stay ahead of the competition
- Display an in-depth, customer-focused knowledge of market and trends
- Contribute to the successful management of product-focused aspects of key events such as Press Days
- Define and communicate a clear vision of the future and translate this into understandable goals and targets
- Build a strong team with a focus on succession planning
- Lead ad hoc cross functional/brand-wide projects
- BA or equivalent in fashion design
- Strong eye for product, fabric, colour, fit and trend in luxury menswear market
- Proficiency in design software including Photoshop , Illustrator and CAD software
- Self-direction; ability to communicate findings, make recommendations, and facilitate change
- Strong facilitation skills – ability to lead the group through effective ideation collation of output
- Demonstrable experience in People Management - ability to gain trust, respect and confidence quickly and effectively
- Ability to initiate and build strong relationships with both internal and external partners
- Experience of working to deadlines as part of a design and product development team
- Understanding of the entry luxury/Luxury market and has a good understanding of finishing and fabric idea development
- Passion for product and translate this into unique and commercial product ranges in line with Mr. Porter brand values
- Experience in woven, jersey and knitted garments for RTW, plus suede and leather, canvas and technical fabrics for both outwear and accessories.
Here are just a few of the amazing perks you will receive as an employee at the YOOX NET-A-PORTER Group:
Our famous Staff discount
Exclusive staff sales
Season ticket loan or cycle to work scheme
Matched contribution pension
From the moment you walk through our doors and join the YOOX NET-A-PORTER team we are committed to making your journey with us inspirational and Evolutionary.
If you are passionate, committed and thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, then please apply with a CV
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is an equal opportunities employer, if you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.
For further information: www.ynap.com | LinkedIn: YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP