Garment Technologist - Soft Accessories
A well-established and well respected leading supplier of innovative soft accessories, to both the UK and the International High Street, is currently looking for an experienced Garment Technologist to join their team.
A UK family run business with a fun loving, hardworking ethos and a real passion for product and service, priding themselves on being able to offer a busy yet informal environment as well as career progression within a vibrant office.
GARMENT TECHNOLOGIST – The Role
- Liaise with design and sales to ensure correct product specifications are adhered to.
- Reduce cost by maximising testing requirements.
- Liaise with their own factories in Europe and the Far East to ensure communication adequate and meets client’s needs.
- Attend fit meetings with clients and initiate 1st fit approvals including fabric and trims.
- Manage and maintain data sheets both internal and external.
- Update and manage the critical path.
GARMENT TECHNOLOGIST – The Candidate
- Proven experience within a technical department ideally from a textile supplier background.
- Experience in analysing test results, managing the costs of test to a minimum.
- Bulk fabric and sample approval experience.
- Accessories and especially socks/hosiery experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent IT skills including managing and maintaining critical path spread sheets.
- Great communicator at all levels
- Knowledge of producing production technical packs and experience of dealing with factories/suppliers in the Far East/China is essential.
- Highly organised and a good team player.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within an ethical and approachable business and to develop a career within garment technology!
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.