6 days left
- Experienced Non-Manager
We are looking for dynamic, ambitious and hard-working Ladieswear Garment Technologist to join a financially strong, exceptionally ambitious and reputable supplier to the leading high street retailers and brands.
The opportunity is to maintain and drive quality and fit across the business, and work closely with their clients and world-wide supply base across Tailoring and Outerwear.
- Fitting and sealing all garments for the key customers and from order stage through to Gold seal
- Oversee the garment sealing process including attending fitting sessions with buyers, noting alteration and amendment instructions, checking sketches and trimmings and ensuring finished garments meet customer requirements
- Carry out fabric testing to ensure cloth is appropriate for the garment, quality is maintained, difficulties relating to fabric requirements are avoided and the cloth conforms to customer specifications
- Dealing with factory and production queries
- Work closely with the pattern cutters to ensure customer requirements are achieved accurately
- Maintain up to date paperwork and schedules ensuring that the work of the department is fully documented and delivery dates are me
- Makes fit appointments with relevant customers at the beginning of every week
- Attend all relevant fit appointments
- Prepare garments for fit appointments, spec and check all to customer requirements
- Follow up and chase back comments and samples after meetings
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within a supplier working with Tailoring and Outerwear
- Understanding of seasonal trends, blocks and fabrics.
- Must be a good problem solver and communicator with colleagues, customers and factories
- Must be able to work on their own initiative and be well organised but also be a team player.
- Understands customer systems and processes from sealing to production
- Suitable for someone who likes a challenge and to work hard!
Apply for Garment Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly