PRODUCT TECHNOLOGIST – Menswear – tailoring, suits, wovens
My client is looking to recruit a Product Technologist to work across suits, jackets and outerwear, formal and casual trousers.
- Assess proposed fabrics are fit for purpose at PD stage
- Providing fabric technical support to internal team and customers
- Ensure fabric is quality managed to meet quality standards on time
- Managing REACH & chemical compliance
- Confirm care labels – wash/care instructions and compositions
- Maintaining relationships with Testing labs
- Promote continuous improvement in quality management systems
- Implement sustainability initiatives
- Set standards, advise and manage Fabric procedure through the garment factory
- Manage testing costs
- Assess and manage Colour continuity
- Manage Fabric submission and inspection
- Keep an ongoing record of Faulty fabrics to review and improve with mills annually
- Create Garment specs and grade sizes
- Conduct internal and external garment fit meetings
- Measure, quality assess and create reports for Garment samples from proto to bulk production
It’s essential that you have in-depth knowledge of individual fabric production processes and testing methods, and the ability to positively manage customer decision making. Along with garment pattern and construction knowledge and oversees factory visits.
This is great opportunity to be part of a long standing global supplier.
If you have the relevant experience for this role, please click the apply button to send your CV to Rachel Greene, remembering to state your current salary and package.
Job Ref: RG-47639
We regret that due to the volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.