5 days left
- Job Type
This is a great opportunity for an Assistant Merchandiser to move into a corporate retail business that have strong procedures and processes in place. This opportunity will give you full autonomy of your category. Career development is top priority to so you should expect to see aggressive career growth, with plenty of challenges along the way.
My client is based in Hertfordshire and are renowned for the level of training and support they provide for their employees. They pride themselves on the quality of service they have provided to their customers for many years.
The Assistant Merchandiser will be responsible for the following:
- To plan part of the range under the guidance of the Merchandiser and contribute to the department strategy
- To assist in the production of range plans providing detailed analysis for range review and selection meetings
- Review in season trading - daily/weekly/monthly to include sales, forecasts, estimates, intake projections and markdown for the Merchandiser
- Use forecasts and weekly performance reports to assess KPI's in-season and to raise issues with the Merchandiser
- Review style (catalogue no) performance on a weekly basis with recommendations for delivery re-phasing, repeats, price amendments, quantity adjustments, to ensure sales are maximised and mark-down minimised
- Set-up, manage and follow up all merchandising administration systems and procedures to ensure product availability and delivery
- Manage the maintenance of contracts in line with the Buying Teams plans to provide accurate updates to Call Centre, Logistics and Distribution
- Manage the delivery and shipment deadlines, identifying and mitigating risk to ensure accurate intake of stock according to plan levels, provide weekly updates on map/intake issues
The Assistant Merchandiser will have -
- A lot of enthusiasm, be tenacious and a proactive individual
- Highly developed analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent PC skills, with experience of working with Financial/Analytical tools
- Proven influencing skills
- High attention to detail at all times
The role will pay a competitive salary of up to £28,000 + package and will offer unrivalled training and the opportunity to work with industry experts.