Technologist– Environmental and Chemical Compliance
Our Client, a leading High Street Retailer, based in West London is looking to recruit a Technologist – responsible for Environmental and Chemical Compliance.
The key job responsibilities include:
- To be the business specialist for dyeing and finishing technical knowledge
- To manage the chemical compliance requirements for all Clothing and Home production.
- To help manage chemical and dyestuff related technical issues and provide relevant technical support to the Business Units and supply chain partners
- To help develop and implement chemical and dyestuff related innovations
Detailed job responsibilities include:
- Manage adherence to product environmental and chemical legislation and work with relevant teams to ensure compliance issues are resolved in line with legislation & policy when necessary eg REACH
- Maintain and update business environmental and chemical policies (ECP)
- Manage chemical due diligence program to ensure compliance to both MRSL, RSL and wastewater guidelines
- In the event of textile related Quality failure in the UK manage and co-ordinate with UK offices, Supply base and Sourcing Office colleagues to resolve
- Support the Buying teams with guidance on production technical issues related to chemicals, dyestuffs and wet processing
- Provide tools, guidance and network support on textile and leather dyeing, printing, tanning and finishing technical queries
- Manage textile processing knowledge to share and training of UK and SO design, buying and technical functions
- Provide specialist fabric technical knowledge needed in conjunction with fabric technology peers across clothing & home
- Technical expert in the field of Textile and Leather wet processing
- Good understanding and competence in textile and leather related chemistry
- Technical expert in chemical compliance and relevant environmental legislation
- Excellent communication skills within C&H Technical Function, Design and Buying, Supply Base and Global Sourcing Offices
- Able to manage Blue Sky thinking for newness and project delivery of innovation
- Multi tasked orientated working to tight deadlines while maintaining entrepreneurialism
- Capable of interpreting customer data (CIU, Bizarre Voice, QPI’s, Star ratings online) to shape future product development strategy
- Ability to engage with and support multiple buying disciplines – buying, technical and design.
- Ability to engage with external stakeholders
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323 or visit our website at www.q-hq.com. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.