ASSISTANT RETAIL MERCHANDISER
My client is an exciting, fast-paced, international fashion business.
In order to meet the growing demands of the business an opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Retail Merchandiser. Reporting to the Senior Merchandiser your key responsibilities will be supporting and driving the sales growth with a main focus on their external Retail partners.
- Review weekly sales reports for retailers and work with customer service and sales team to propose repeat buys and maximize sales.
- Review and action replenishment needs for key customers.
- Update the business with weekly sales performance.
- Use retail sales data to review past season performance in order to propose future range selections.
- Attend pre-launch and sales meetings to present analysis to external buyers and merchandisers, to support the sell in of new season product and increase sales.
- Reviewing competitor’s ranges and pricing to identify opportunities.
- Selection of ranges for key customers, setting quantities and maintaining a critical path to ensure deliveries are met.
- Using the stock report to oversee the in season trading and clearing stock.
- Maintaining a Core WSSI to ensure Core lines are never out of stock. WISSI experience not essential.
- Working with Buying to monitor and update on deliveries.
- Significant experience of working within a similar role, in a fast paced environment
- Highly analytical
- Outstanding commercial awareness
- A proactive approach to problem solving
- Well-developed commercial and business acumen
- Superb communication skills and confidence to present in meetings.
- Computer literate with excellent Excel skills
- 2-5 years’ experience within a similar role (Core Merchandising, Branch Merchandising, or International Merchandising)
- Ability to prioritize in a busy environment with flexible approach
- The role requires a tenacious individual and team player