Director of UK Contract Sales
Our client is the leading UK manufacturer of commercial fabrics for interiors, health, education, transport and retail. They are a global business with offices and clients around the world and have won a number of leading industry awards for their innovative and sustainable production. They now have a rare and senior opportunity based within the UK for a Director of UK Sales for their contract business across interiors, education, healthcare and hospitality.
Director of UK Sales - The Role:
- Report into the Global Sales Director.
- Develop and lead the implementation of the Sales strategy to extend market penetration in UK and development of our business models.
- Lead, inspire and engage your teams to deliver our strategic goals whilst being fully aware of the company’s purpose, mission and values.
- Contribute to debates and decision making on key strategic marketing areas such as marketing development, NPD and innovation, pricing strategies, sales channels etc.
- Engage with the regional teams to plan and implement new sales and customer retention and development activities.
- Work with the Marketing team to plan and implement the marketing strategy, including advertising, promotions and PR.
- Plan, monitor, analyse and report on sales and marketing business plans, budgets and market information.
- Recruit and develop new members of the sales teams with the future in mind whilst ensuring clear goals and set and achieved.
- Maximise the contribution of all people by coaching & mentoring as well as providing appropriate training to ensure we have the right people, in the right place, with the right skills at the right time both for current and future business needs.
- Manage the relevant report of management and financial information for UK contract sales.
- Ensure corporate governance procedure are fully understood and complied with.
Director of UK Sales - The Candidate:
- Educated to University Degree level or equivalent.
- Experience in selling products to all sizes of customers within the sectors of A&D, education, healthcare and hospitality.
- Proven ability to generate interest in products, brands, vision, mission and values of the business.
- Have excellent judgement, be passionate, flexible, ability to solve problems and decision making in a timely manner.
- Establish trust with the customer base by exhibiting a confident and authoritative manner.
- Show corporate responsibility and ethics.
- Experience of leading, coaching and developing sales teams.
- Good knowledge and experience with Microsoft packages, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience of developing, monitoring and reporting on sales and marketing plans, budgets and market intelligence.
- You must be driven and possess the ability to influence key stakeholders.
- Proven track record of selling ideas/concepts to major international clients.
- Ambitious, who has the potential to progress within the organisation.
- Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships throughout customer's organisations and within the Business.
- Ability to cope under pressure and remain calm.
Director of UK Sales - The Package:
- Highly competitive package that reflects the position.
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in this role only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.