Lead Product Manager
Our client is the leading UK manufacturer of commercial fabrics for interiors, health, education, transport and retail. They are a global business with offices and clients around the world and have won a number of leading industry awards for their innovative and sustainable production. They now have an opportunity based in Yorkshire for a Product Manager.
Lead Product Manager - The Role:
- Support the product management and product development teams in managing the in-life phase of existing products
- Support the Creative Director in managing the in-life phase of existing products, monitoring cost price and margin fluctuations, competitor products, evolving customer needs and advances in technology that could impact the market viability.
- Examine the effects of product withdrawal on the Company's customer base and set in place a plan to communicate product retirements internally and externally.
- Ensure your team are effectively and regularly feeding market intelligence for won category into the Creative Director and Product Development team and detail product briefs to the PD team.
- Drive, track and co-ordinate full critical paths for team and self for custom made developments.
- Ensure core commercial products in the concept to feasible stage are on track to delivering the needs of the brief.
- Manage collective continuous improvement activity within the team through effective process management, inspiring colleagues and stakeholders towards positive change.
- Establish and develop relationships with key customers for own area/category, continually gathering the latest market intelligence and next generation customer requirements.
- Assist the Head of Product Management and other senior departmental managers in identifying short term future market needs.
- Support Creative and Sales Director as required, to develop positioning strategies based in product USP and market position.
- Be an active participant in critical meetings in key strategic markets, supporting the relevant Director.
- Support Sales and Marketing with all major trade shows and industry events, providing input on communications and selections made during the planning stages.
- Inspire, motivate and manage members of the product management team encouraging engagement and cross-functional working across the business.
- Deliver individual budget costs.
- Participate in business improvement teams.
- Support and initiate learning and development plans to ensure skill optimisation and peoples growth within the roles and team.
Lead Product Manager - The Candidate:
- Educated to University Degree level or equivalent.
- Project Management Qualification, PRINCE I or equivalent is essential.
- Be honest, sincere and genuine with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with passion and drive whilst demonstrating high levels of resilience and energy.
- Excellent verbal, written and platform communication skills.
- Strongly analytical, numerical, negotiation and presentation abilities.
- Highly competent in key Microsoft software, PPT and sharepoint.
- Understanding of AS400, BI, Visio and CRM is desirable.
- Drive and energy with an ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues and develop thoughtful recommendations and action plans.
- Dedicated and conscientious.
- Flexible and resilient with an ability to work under pressure.
- Willingness to travel.
Lead Product Manager - The Package:
- Highly competitive package that reflects the position.
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in this role only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.