Our client is the leading UK manufacturer of commercial fabrics for interiors, health, education, transport and retail. They are a global business with offices and clients around the world and have won a number of leading industry awards for their innovative and sustainable production. They now have an opportunity based in Yorkshire for an Innovation Manager.
Innovation Manager - The Role:
- Provide consistent support to the Head of Innovation in all areas of the innovation development process and team management
- Working with the Head of Innovation drive the research of the 5-10 year + fabric and product needs for the business.
- Working with the Head of Innovation research into new technologies, fabrics across all disciplines, yarns, finishes, post treatments and machinery and determine the relevance and feasibility for the business.
- Re-engineer existing product which sits outside PD due to complexity with the aim of producing a viable product for the business.
- To be confident to experiment and play with ideas with a view of forming strategy, but without fear of failure.
- Always be aware of legislative changes which could impact on fabric performance.
- Be challenging, inspiring and encouraging to our existing supply chain to innovate/push boundaries to help us become market leaders, across all areas.
- Positively contribute to regular inspiring idea sharing workshops with PD to cross-fertilise ideas and to drive newness and innovations.
- In conjunction with the Head of Innovation nurture and develop collaborations with external experts and with third parties who can compliment and strengthen the future product innovations of the business.
- To work collaboratively with the PD function to translate high concept ideas into commercially viable product.
- Research and identify long- term future trends in lifestyle, technology, science, sustainability and the future requirements of our market.
- Apply these long-term trends to new product opportunities and developments, using this knowledge to defend and support all new innovations.
- Research the technical performance requirements of products for potential future market areas.
- Show a strong understanding of the global textile market both current and future demands, use this knowledge to form and contribute to the driving new product innovations.
- Work with strategic purchasing team to explore new potential suppliers that meet PD, SP and QA requirements.
- Proactively engage with universities, both on research and engagement of future innovators.
- Encourage and develop strong relationships with industrial designers/architects/specifiers/interior designers and key customers to gather crucial information on long-term/future product requirements.
- Work with the Head of Innovation to put in place a high concept strategic plan for the Innovation team.
- In conjunction with the Head of Innovation develop innovative products for the safe guarding of future business in line with future strategic goals.
- Take a lead and make significant contribution to strategic Innovation team meetings.
Innovation Manager - The Candidate
- In depth technical knowledge of fibres, yarns, constructions and finishes.
- Curious, investigative, exploratory attitude – willingness to research and experiment without fear of failure.
- Drive and energy with an ability to inspire, lead and motivate others.
- The ability to work independently with passion and drive whilst demonstrating high levels of resilience and energy.
- Ability to research areas outside of our key competencies, aligned with strategy.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels and sensitive to internal pressures and corporate demands
- Excellent verbal, written and platform communication skills.
- Strong, successful and proven interpersonal skills utilised for effective communication internally and externally.
- Demonstrated success in interacting effectively with internal technical, sales, and marketing organisations as well as counterparts across multiple countries, cultures and regions.
- Collaboration with external research organisations and potential partners.
- Have a desire to be the best in everything you do with an ability to create a positive and inspiring culture.
- Honest, sincere and genuine
- Innovative and Engaging
- Forward thinking and question mindset.
- Flexible & resilient
- Willingness to travel
Innovation Manager - The Package:
- Highly competitive package that reflects the position.
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in this role only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.