Quality Controller 11226 AA
West Midlands (Warwickshire)
£ dependent upon experience
Reporting to the Senior Sourcing & Technical Manager, this QC role will be part of a busy technical team.
We are looking for someone who is seeking a new challenge, ready to step up in their career to manage their own department/area of responsibility. You will be working across multi category garments: (womens and mens) woven, knit and jersey, structured and soft separates.
Our client is an established company, located on the West/East Midlands border with good transport links.
Quality Controller – The Job Description
- To manage the relevant quality tasks to achieve all business critical path key dates.
- To set up and monitor a full QC solution throughout the supply chain and in house to quantify and improve quality standards throughout the business; including independent third-party solutions.
- To circulate the audit results and the quality issue reports monthly for future quality improvement.
- To record and investigate the customer complaints and create corrective action plans with the relevant factories.
- To work with the technical team to maintain and reinforce the product quality standard required
- To support the account management team and the client with the aftercare technical expertise.
- To support the sourcing team with technical guidance in reducing costs throughout the product ranges.
- To liaise with the Returns department to resolve any return’s queries and feedback the quality issues to supplier for improvement.
- To travel to the factories for quality audits and sampling support where required.
- To continually work with the supply base to achieve best practice and technically superior products in line with cost parameters.
- To improve and drive innovative technical solutions to improve product quality, cost and speed of delivery.
- To work in line with and continuously enhance the standard operating manuals and processes to ensure consistency of approach.
Quality Controller – The Person Specification
- Previous Quality Control experience or a garment technical background working within fashion & textiles (min. of 2yrs)
- Self-motivated and performance driven.
- Excellent level of IT knowledge especially Excel, Word.
- Organized, a good team player with excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of PLM would be advantageous.
- Factory process knowledge essential.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to a critical path.
- Ability to travel abroad.
- Previous supervisory of others/team would be advantageous.
- You will have the ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team and the ability multi task.
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
Apply for Quality Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly