Scotland’s only international design, source & supply company Wilson’s is looking for a new Senior Designer to join our design team based in our Glasgow HQ.
This is a fast paced, high volume environment and we are seeking a commercially aware and fashion forward multi-product Senior Designer to join our team, working across Jersey, Woven, Graphics & Prints.
The Senior Designer will help the Head of Design on our key account by guiding and motivating the junior members of the team, forecast trends, work closely with the sales team, create and develop on trend ranges and liaise with overseas factories. The Senior Designer may also be required to travel oversees as and when required for research and development trips.
- Oversee certain brands and product categories (mens, ladies and kidswear)
- Be the driving force behind the creative direction of those brands.
- Provide strong and consistent product direction.
- Build effective relationships with all departments on the account
- Demonstrate full ownership & responsibility for your own output
- Work with tech team to support new block and fit development.
- Produce detailed and comprehensive briefs for the PD and Sourcing departments for fabric requirements at the start of each season, keeping within the correct price points required.
- Do comp shops to see what's happening on the high street and also do online research.
- Continuously critique and develop new ideas to move the brands forward to stay ahead of the competition.
- Lead Ad Hoc projects
- Display an in-depth customer focused knowledge of markets and trends.
- Work with the Product Development and Sourcing teams to deliver briefs for sampling.
- Work closely with the sales team to meet customer's needs.
- Had responsibility developing design & products from customers' brief’s that can range from the very detailed to vague.
- Visit the customer to assist sales team when showing new product.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- BA or equivalent in fashion Design.
- Strong eye for product, fabric and colour, fits and trends.
- Proficiency in Adobe package and Office.
- Ability to communicate findings.
- Ability to initiate and build strong relationships with both internal and external partners.
- Experience of working to deadlines.
- Experience in jersey and woven garments.
- Experience in Mens, Ladies and Kids design.
- Experience in working with UK High street customers.
- Can create your own prints and graphics.
- You have been involved in the order process from start to finish – approving & commenting on lab dips, trims, fit, pre-production samples, production.
Please don’t apply if you:
- Don’t have at least 5 years relevant design experience – this is key!
- You cannot work in a fast paced, pressured but friendly environment.
- Don’t have a Pinterest account.
We would like to get back to everyone but unfortunately due to the volume of applications we can only reply to those who are proceeding to the interview stage.