Our client is a successful, design led textile company based in Halifax who specialise in developing scarves, stoles and knitwear in luxury fibers; They have been established for 20 years, providing their luxury items to the high street, tourism and couture markets, due to growth they now have an opening for an experienced Knitwear Designer to join their dedicated, creative team.
Based in a creative led team environment, working with the team and suppliers to develop and design scarves, knitwear and soft accessories for the fashion industry. Tasks can be varied from day to day, and will include discussing, understanding and interpreting the needs and ideas of customers accurately. Designing items through CAD software programs onto specifications and weaving tickets efficiently within a fast-paced company with an emphasis on customer service.
Key Responsibilities to include:
- Working with the team in house to develop and design items
- Working with suppliers and customers to develop and design items
- Showing good knowledge of woven, knitted and printed textiles
- Quality control of samples and showrooms
- Designing bespoke products and collections through CAD and creating specifications for production in both knitwear and woven goods.
- Presenting designs to customers
The ideal candidate will have a Degree in Textiles and preferably a successful track record in designing knitwear. It would be beneficial if you also have a good a knowledge of woven, knitted and printed textiles. You will have excellent presentation, communication and organisational skills, be CAD literate and have previous experience working to customer requirements, strict deadlines and a variety of design briefs.
Salary will depend on experience.
Please apply in complete confidence with your current CV and portfolio.