Senior Commercial Manager- Fashion (12 month FTC)
We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced candidate to join our EMEA head office in Hammersmith as a Senior Commercial Manager (Fashion) on a 12 month fixed term contract. The successful applicant will be highly enthusiastic about retail and fashion and looking to bring their experience to the Walt Disney Company.
Overall purpose of the role:
To develop and execute the UK long term and fiscal year strategies. Lead the commercial management of a series of our existing key accounts, made up of some of the largest licensees in the industry. Evaluate licensee base and drive a rationalisation plan to ensure effective and focused business management and strategic planning to support growth across categories. Identify, pitch and secure new licensees that enhance the category growth in a substantial manner.
Relationships are key to the success of this role, both internally and externally. You will be required to actively manage and cultivate the engagement, partnership and joint business planning with each account, new and existing, at a senior level in order to negotiate contracts and ultimately drive and deliver strategic growth in licensing sales on behalf of the UK business.
The role requires vision, creativity and commerciality, an expertise in fashion product development with a good eye for digital, social, brick and mortar marketing. Using key trends, commercial and consumer insight to develop and drive succinct strategies cross company and departmentally whilst being agile to capitalise on the moment and identify new opportunities and target partners.
- Significantly input in to the long-term strategy for the fashion business in conjunction with relevant stakeholders.
- Manage the annual operating plan & quarterly forecasting process, developing supplier (Licensee) objectives and strategies to drive growth, working with markets, consumer demo groups, category teams, franchise, marketing, product development & finance.
- Actively manage and cultivate the relationship engagement, partnership and joint business planning with each account, new and existing, at a senior level.
- Lead and execute all contract negotiations and appropriately inform all key stakeholders (global, EMEA and local).
- Work hand in hand with the creative and marketing teams.
- Communicate the ILS (International Labour Standards) process and be the conduit between the supplier and the TWDC ILS team.
- Lead new business development, research projects and market meetings.
- Collaborate with Disney market/regional teams providing information and regular updates as well as understanding and satisfying local market needs and differences.
- Share global, regional & local best practice.
- An active senior member of the Fashion team.
- Build relationships with the International DCP teams in order to share knowledge and best practices.
- Manage colleagues in the team and ensure their ongoing professional development and by providing formal coaching, mentoring and feedback.
- A background in the fashion business, either in buying and product development, merchandising or commercial fashion & retail sales.
- Degree level education in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Substantial experience within consumer products management.
- Team leadership and personnel management.
About Disney Licensing
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.