As assistant Buyer you will be tasked with selecting and negotiating with incredible furniture suppliers, building and exciting and commercial range and ultimately increasing market share in a highly desirable yet competitive market.
The Client are known as furniture specialist always stocking the finest and most trend led product. Exciting time for an exciting business!
As Assistant Buyer you will be responsible for
- Delivering long term strategy through working closely with your line manager
- Liaising with branded supplier base ensuring the best products are available at the best price
- Working alongside marketing department to ensure optimal new product introductions
- Maintaining supplier relationships and leveraging where possible to launch exclusives and be at the forefront with all products in supplier base.
- Ensuring a trend led product portfolio is always available to the customer, maintaining core range whilst bringing on seasonal product.
The Successful Assistant Buyer will
- Have Branded furniture retail buying experience
- Have a creative flair and great understanding of the market in terms of trends and staying ahead of the curve
- Be an incredibly astute negotiator, always looking for opportunities to save money where possible and add to the bottom line
- Have a track record of delivering LFL growth
- Be a team player, able to liaise with all business units and also senior stake holders both internally and externally
- Be able to commute to London on a daily basis
The Successful Assistant Buyer will be working for a furniture specialist which will provide a great career both inside and outside of the retail organisation
Salary will be depending on ability and experience and will be between £35-40k, which is higher than their retail competitors. Based from their London office this role will really be great for those commuting from outside of London or those based in London and will provide a great work life balance.