As Buyer you will have full autonomy of the retail strategy for your category, you will be tasked with creating, developing and delivering strategy.
The client are a creative business based in London. They are a well known retailer who are very popular amongst the card & stationery customers of the world!
As Buyer you will be responsible for
- Creating, Developing and Delivering Category Strategy
- Working alongside your team, delegating tasks to subordinates in order to reach overall goals
- Selecting suppliers, negotiating the best price whilst maintaining optimal quality and optimal product range to increase performance each year
- Working with other business units to ensure a cohesive message is in place throughout the business
- Putting together the range for what is one of the most fun and lucrative retail categories to buy
The Successful Buyer will
- Have experience of buying cards and Stationery
- Will have a great network in the stationery world, bringing on well known suppliers as well as smaller independent suppliers to ensure customer needs are met
- Have a great understanding of customer behaviour and ultimately what they like and don't like in an ever adapting climate.
- Be an incredible leader both from a management perspective, but also from a buying and task based perspective by setting an example through day to day tasks such as negotiation and administration.
- Be able to commute to London on a daily basis
The successful buyer will be working from amazing London offices and will be working in one of the most sought after categories in a well known retail organisation.
Salary is between £50-60k depending on experience, network and ability