As a key and leading role within the Merchandising team you need to ensure the right stock is in the right place at the right time. Working alongside the Buying team, you will analyse previous sales trends to successfully forecast
A leading highstreet retailer which continues to go from strength to strength and excellent growth plans in place.
- Report weekly stock, sales, margin analysis across the company, manage changes in stock/product mix to maximise sales/profit.
- Using WSSI control overall stock commitment and OTB across the company and give an accurate forward view of key metrics.
- With the Exec and Finance setting the budgeted sales, stock and margin targets/phasing for the financial year.
- Maximise sales/margin opportunities through ranging and OTB management
- Look after all products across our stores and direct channel to ensure right stock, right place, right time
- Lead the space planning initiatives around optimum options per linear and the category level planogram schedule
- Ensure built ranges are commercial, fit the pricing architecture and give powerful brand representation
- With buyer ensure category team's work to the critical path and give direction with range review/sign off on and accurate pre-season planning.
- Manage cross functional links with the Warehouse/Logistics teams, Retail & Finance
- With the Buying function develop the Category level strategy to deliver the sales, stock and margin targets for the company
- To develop feedback channels from stores and other internal departments
- Coaching, motivating and retaining staff
- Reviewing the performance of staff and identifying training need
- Assign and direct work, appraise performance, rewarding and disciplining employees
- Experience as a senior AM, JM or Merchandiser within high street retail environment.
- Commercially aware with strong trading focus to maximise sales and profit whilst minimising markdown and cost of reduction.
- Proven experience managing people.
- Good communication and excellent team player
- Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst working proactively and managing own workload.
Excellent competitive salary and company benefits