Assistant Print Designer
Are you a highly creative print designer looking for a new challenge? This could be your ideal role!
You will be passionate about print, innovative in your research and prepared to challenge yourself and others. Working as a team of print designers to deliver newness across both the baby, girls and boys wear department, translating print trends to appeal to our George customer.
You will have the ability to multi task, working with varying lead times and countries alongside other print and garment designers.
Responsibilities will include:
• Extensive research, collate and identify key trends. Be responsible for driving trends from initial concept to workable artworks
• Knowledge of print techniques, to fully spec print design packs
• Excellent knowledge of our competitors
• Experience of presenting to all levels within the business and supply base
• Inspirational travel with the confidence to shop into all areas of print
• Drive and implementation of trend and newness for our customer profiles
• Responsible for managing deadlines and meeting critical path
• Direct product development with supplier base where relevant
• To drive development of self and others, through regular 1-2-1 appraisals
• Understanding of relevant departmental strategy and impact on product
• Trading aware and reacting accordingly
• To be aware of trends in license character and brands as relevant to the area.
What you’ll need:
With experience gained within either retail or supply base fashion/apparel design environment, as an assistant print designer or graduate with relevant degree in textile design or graphic design. You’ll be able to demonstrate a strong track record of producing innovative and creative print designs. You will possess:
• Broad knowledge of CAD software (including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator)
• Strong presentation Skills
• Strong teamwork skills
• Excellent understanding of the George customer
• Ability to combine a number of research avenues – Pinterest, trend bibles, inspirational trips to deliver innovative and commercial designs.
The ideal candidate will have an outstanding track record throughout their print design career, work well within a team, be strong minded and keen to contribute ideas. Sounds like you? Then apply now.
Fixed Term / Temporary, Full time, 37.5 hours per week (7.5 hrs = 1 day)
You can build a career at George. George is a global brand with ranges sold in seven different countries, in over 3000 stores including stores in the UK, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Japan and the US.
About the Business Unit
Our Home Office is located at George House in Lutterworth, 30 minutes from Leicester City, in the East Midlands. Purpose built and open-plan, it includes concept areas for product development, a large 'mock' shop area for whole range planning, a fantastic colleague cafe and even a tuck shop! It's a superb environment that helps to foster the creativity and innovation we need to develop fantastic products, support all our stores and depots and deliver to the most important people of all - our customers. It's a fast-paced, fun place that's filled with colleagues united by one common goal - to deliver great products at unbeatable quality and value to the millions of customers who shop at George every week.