Junior Merchandiser - Kids Footwear
Merchandising at George isn’t just a job, it’s a career. It’s the chance to express your ideas, contribute as a team, be developed and make your mark in the world of fashion. At George we’re a team, we collaborate & succeed together and when that happens the results speak for themselves. So if you’re an Assistant Merchandiser/ Merchandising Assistant looking for a role that’s more than just ‘the next move’ read on.
About the role:
As Junior Merchandiser you will be accountable for Boys Footwear within the Kids Footwear department, a key growth area and important building block within the total George Childrenswear offer. Working closely with the Junior Buyer, you will be responsible for delivering a commercial range that complements our seasonal offer, including Back to School and First Walkers across both online and stores. This role also comes with a shared Assistant Merchandiser to help with workload and enhance coaching and development skills.
Key Operational Accountabilities:
• Driving sales v plan across the department
• Managing and coaching of an Assistant Merchandiser
• Formulating the department Commercial and supply strategy
• Working with the buying teams to range build and ensure we have the right mix of options for our customers
• Preparing and Presenting Selection meetings to the Senior Managers
• Managing Buys in line with seasonal budget through open to buy (OTB) process
• Analysing historical sales, and making recommendations for the future.
• Drive Availability – ensuring we have a strong launch availability and are Always Available on key products
• Flowing stock within agreed targets & covers.
What you’ll need:
Curious, analytical and commercially aware, you will have Merchandise/ Merchandising experience operating as a Junior Merchandiser or a strong Assistant Merchandiser ready to step up in your career. Your previous experience will be within a Head Office environment and you will have your heart set on a career in Merchandising.
A natural team player with great communication skills you’ll be organised, methodical, and ambitious with a strong desire to achieve.
Key skills include:
• Previous experience in merchandising, with a proven track record of delivering results
• Attention to detail with strong numerical, planning and analytical skills
• Experience with MS Office and Excel is essential
• Good team working skills – at the same time, you’ll be just as comfortable working on your own initiative
• Analytical approach, with the proven ability to collate and present data
• Ability to quickly grasp new systems and ways of working
• Strong organisation and administration skills and the ability to problem solve
• Ability to manage time and workloads with strong commercial acumen.
Fixed Term / Temporary, Full time, 37.5 hours per week (7.5 hrs = 1 day)
You can build a career at George. George is a global brand with ranges sold in seven different countries, in over 3000 stores including stores in the UK, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Japan and the US.
About the Business Unit
Our Home Office is located at George House in Lutterworth, 30 minutes from Leicester City, in the East Midlands. Purpose built and open-plan, it includes concept areas for product development, a large 'mock' shop area for whole range planning, a fantastic colleague cafe and even a tuck shop! It's a superb environment that helps to foster the creativity and innovation we need to develop fantastic products, support all our stores and depots and deliver to the most important people of all - our customers. It's a fast-paced, fun place that's filled with colleagues united by one common goal - to deliver great products at unbeatable quality and value to the millions of customers who shop at George every week.