Assistant Branch Merchandiser
Based at George House in Lutterworth
About the role:
It goes without saying that having the right products available in the right places is a hugely important part of getting things right for our customers. And this is the role of our Branch Merchandising team. They oversee everything to do with stock allocation; getting involved in specific line queries, planning new phases, even helping with launches. With their help, we can be sure that we have the right clothes in store every day.
Working as an Assistant Branch Merchandiser, your role is to ensure that sales are maximised through stock availability, and that opportunities are seized, through stock replenishment. Your role will involve allocating stock to the stores, helping with any specific line queries from stores, planning new phases, looking at launch and availability, looking after new stores which are due to open and dealing with any markdown which is due to go live.
On a day to day basis you will analyse sales and track stock liaising with the warehouses to ensure movement of stock to stores. Where sales show under-performance you will investigate issues and will visit stores in order to build a full understanding of the George customer and the Store’s situation.
The Ins and Outs:
* New Range Launch Availability – allocation of product on time and report on department launch position
* Promotional Launch Availability – allocation of product to relevant stores and regular review of replenishment remaining to maximise sales potential in stores
* Never Out of Stock Line Availability - Weekly review of NOOS (Never Out of Stock) product at line level in stores to ensure stock is flowing to target/sales forecast
* Markdown Clearance - allocate product to stores, to arrive befor markdown goes live. Sense-check quantities at store level. Highlight any large volume lines
* Department Output - monitor allocation and replenishment in line with forecast and position on supply chain
* Build packages for New Stores – Build stock packages for new stores to launch with and replenish to
* Know your Customer - Visit stores. Answer queries from retail forums e.g. conference calls
* Weekly Sales Analysis – Review of weekly sales, to highlight best and worst sellers, to take appropriate action.
What you’ll need:
* Have a proven track record in branch merchandising
* Have a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
* Be analytical and have the ability to interpret data
* Strong attention to detail
* Good communication skills
* Be highly systems literate with the ability to quickly develop your skills in new systems and ways of working
* Have excellent team working skills with the ability to work on your own initiative
* Be analytical and have the ability to collate and present data
* Strong organisation and administration skills and the ability to problem solve
* Proactive and innovative forward thinker.
Fixed Term / Temporary, full time, 37.5 hours per week (7.5 hrs = 1 day)
You can build a career at George. George is a global brand with ranges sold in seven different countries, in over 3000 stores including stores in the UK, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Japan and the US.
About the Business Unit
Our Home Office is located at George House in Lutterworth, 30 minutes from Leicester City, in the East Midlands. Purpose built and open-plan, it includes concept areas for product development, a large 'mock' shop area for whole range planning, a fantastic colleague cafe and even a tuck shop! It's a superb environment that helps to foster the creativity and innovation we need to develop fantastic products, support all our stores and depots and deliver to the most important people of all - our customers. It's a fast-paced, fun place that's filled with colleagues united by one common goal - to deliver great products at unbeatable quality and value to the millions of customers who shop at George every week.