Design Manager - Girlswear
Design Manager – Older Girlswear 4-14
Based at George House in Lutterworth
We have a brilliant opportunity for a creative Senior Designer/ Design Manager to join our team at George House in Lutterworth.
The customer will be at the heart of your thinking, designing for real life. You will be passionate about trend and fashion, innovative in your research, translating lifestyle and catwalk designs for the everyday and special events in our customers life. You’ll be prepared to challenge yourself and others. Working as a team, alongside buyers & merchandisers, to deliver highly desirable product translating trends to appeal to our George customer.
You will have a proven track record in clothing design with the ability to multi task, working with varying lead times and countries alongside both our supply base and internal buying teams.
The ins & outs:
• Extensive research, collate and identify key trends. Be responsible for driving trends from initial concept to commercial garments appropriate to the George customer
• Strong fabric knowledge and sourcing skills across both woven and jersey fabric
• Excellent knowledge of our competitors
• Experience in preparing and presenting design presentations to all levels within the business and supply base
• Creating fully spec design packs that are easily interpreted by our supply base
• Inspirational travel with the confidence to shop independently or as part of the team
• Drive and implementation of trend and newness for our customer profiles
• Accountable for managing deadlines and meeting critical path
• Direct product development with supplier base through regular development meetings both in the UK and abroad
• To drive development of self and others, through regular 1-2-1, coaching & appraisals
• Understanding of relevant departmental strategy, impact on product and the role you play in this
• Trading aware and reacting accordingly to best and worst sellers
• Drive trend on license character and brands as relevant to the area.
What you’ll need:
An extensive proven track record gained within a fast pace retail business you’ll be able to demonstrate producing original and innovative design. You will possess:
• Excellent knowledge of CAD software (including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator)
• A proven track record in a similar Senior Designer/ Design Manager role
• Experience of Line management and team development
• Confident presentation & influencing skills
• Strong team player
• Excellent understanding of the George customer
• Ability to combine a number of research avenues – Pinterest, trend bibles, inspirational trips to deliver innovative and commercial designs.
The ideal candidate will have an outstanding track record throughout their design career within fashion/ apparel, work well within a team, be strong minded and keen to contribute ideas. Sounds like you? Then apply now.
Fixed Term / Temporary , Full time, 37.5 hours per week (7.5 hrs = 1 day)
You can build a career at George. George is a global brand with ranges sold in seven different countries, in over 3000 stores including stores in the UK, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Japan and the US.
About the Business Unit
Our Home Office is located at George House in Lutterworth, 30 minutes from Leicester City, in the East Midlands. Purpose built and open-plan, it includes concept areas for product development, a large 'mock' shop area for whole range planning, a fantastic colleague cafe and even a tuck shop! It's a superb environment that helps to foster the creativity and innovation we need to develop fantastic products, support all our stores and depots and deliver to the most important people of all - our customers. It's a fast-paced, fun place that's filled with colleagues united by one common goal - to deliver great products at unbeatable quality and value to the millions of customers who shop at George every week.