Technical Manager - Girlswear/Kidswear
Technical Manager – Girlswear
Based at George House in Lutterworth
About the role:
As well as being amongst the top clothing retailers in the UK, the George brand is becoming a global name too. From critical path and wearer trials to risk assessment, quality control and returns monitoring, you’ll have a central role to play. You’ll be part of the team shaping our strategic plans and driving our continued growth – seeing your own career going from strength to strength as you do it. We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest standards of quality, and you’ll take responsibility for upholding them. Focusing on key product development areas, you’ll make sure their technical processes reflect best practice - so our samples are delivered on time, represent maximum value for money, and achieve a consistently excellent quality across all markets.
The ins and outs:
- Responsible for taking the product, from development through all the stages to product delivery ensuring product meets our customers quality expectations
- Clear understanding on maintaining fit consistency. Monitor and maintain Grade rules
- Ensure that all George products conform to the latest UK Health and Safety legislation and perform to all standards as specified within the George Technical Manual
- Supplier Quality Assurance, to work with suppliers to reduce non-compliance issues
- Manage and monitor supply base and identify product placement, right supplier- right product
- Manage the departmental strategy to constantly challenge technical innovation conducting comparison shops and also upgrading Quality in store with regular store visits
- Working closely with design and buying to ensure product is engineered within our cost structure and make up capabilities without compromising quality or design
- Capable of risk assessing garments for all aspects of safety / legal requirement and manufacturing ease
- Critical Path: Ensure that all seals process/tests are achieved at each stage to critical path dates
- Wearer Trials: Identify new and on-going product for wearer trials. Identifying any potential issues on key lines
- Understand the George customer, her expectation and needs
- Monitor and act on customer feedback and returns
- Work closely with In country offices
- Quality Manual: To follow the technical manual to ensure the quality standards outlined are achieved
- Returns Monitor / manage and improve your supplier’s returns rates. Investigate any high returning lines and action upon finding
- Coach and develop direct reports.
What you’ll need:
- Experience and knowledge of garment construction in girlswear multi products
- A proven track record in a similar role
- Excellent team player with good communication skills
- Flexibility and show initiative
- Attention to detail and deadline management
- Passion for the George brand
- Prepared to travel if and when require.
Permanent , Full time, 37.5 hours per week (7.5 hrs = 1 day)
You can build a career at George. George is a global brand with ranges sold in seven different countries, in over 3000 stores including stores in the UK, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Japan and the US.
About the Business Unit
Our Home Office is located at George House in Lutterworth, 30 minutes from Leicester City, in the East Midlands. Purpose built and open-plan, it includes concept areas for product development, a large 'mock' shop area for whole range planning, a fantastic colleague cafe and even a tuck shop! It's a superb environment that helps to foster the creativity and innovation we need to develop fantastic products, support all our stores and depots and deliver to the most important people of all - our customers. It's a fast-paced, fun place that's filled with colleagues united by one common goal - to deliver great products at unbeatable quality and value to the millions of customers who shop at George every week.