The role will include continually challenging the company's current supply chain to look for better or more cost-effective solutions, whilst also ensuring continuity of supply. The role will therefore involve the researching, costing and opening of multiple new vendor channels globally.
Our Client is a growing importer of children's toys, crafts and stationery, both licenced and own brand that are sold throughout the world. The business have been trading for a number of decades out of their office in Greater Manchester. The company have offices around the world including, Europe & China.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sourcing products from the FE to maintain/increase quality and margin.
- Negotiate with suppliers, agreeing price and payment terms.
- Opening new supplier accounts and developing/expanding with existing customers.
- Be creative with the customer to find new products and expand on existing ranges.
- Liaise with the design team to create specific artwork and packaging concepts.
- Develop presentations/quotations and product specifications required by the customer using PowerPoint and excel.
- Monitor stock levels and forecast plans to maximise cash flow and minimise warehouse costs.
- Work with QC to ensure Audits/Inspections are carried out and products are fit for use.
- Ensuring all products meet the required standards for their market.
- Work with both customers and suppliers globally.
- Accountable from purchase to delivery.
- Travel to the Far East a couple of times a year.
- Previous buying experience is of course preferred, the client is open to product background of candidate
- Have Far East / Import work experience
- Experience in FOB sales
- Experience with forecasting / analysis of financial and stock levels. A numerate, articulate & creative individual who can thrive under pressure, with strong communication & team skills.
- Have good product knowledge with good attention to detail and be commercially aware.
- Experience with supplying UK retailers such as. Tesco, Aldi, Poundland, Asda
- First and foremost, you must be motivated, passionate with a strong desire to excel and through experience, knowledge and team work seek out solutions.
- A numerate, articulate & creative individual who can thrive under pressure, with strong communication & team skills.
- Have good product knowledge with good attention to detail and be commercially aware
- CIPS qualifications will be an advantage.
- Must be able to travel internationally approximately six weeks a year.
Great opportunity to work for a leading North West Supplier who are offering a competitive salary