Assistant Buyer - Womenswear
Fantastic role in a growing fast fashion retailer based in Greater London. The role of Assistant Buyer - Womenswear is ideal for a Senior Buyers Admin assistant with womenswear experience ready for their first AB role, or an entry level AB ready to try something different!
My client is growing at an impressive rate but still offer a small company feel. Based on Greater London they are looking to add to their buying team to continue the success and growth of the business. Being a smaller retail brand you will need to be ready to get stuck in and roll those sleeves up!
As an Assistant Buyer - womenswear you will;
- Working closely with the Buyer to develop product and contribute towards product decisions across the department
- Discussing trade and the impact this may have on next season
- Working with Designers and Suppliers to develop samples and build a commercial range
- Researching market and customer trends, Identifying any new products for the department to trial
- Working closely with Suppliers and Buyer to develop fabric sourcing skills
- Matching samples to design specifications
- Communicating improvements to be made to product samples to suppliers
- Attending fit sessions and approving or rejecting fits with the assistance of the Buyer
- Working closely with the Design Assistant to adapt design and colour of repeated products
- Agreeing packaging and presentation of product
Plus much more....
To be successful in the role of Assistant Buyer - Womenswear you will need;
- Proven track record of working in a fast-paced fashion retailer as an Assistant Buyer / Senior Buyers Admin Assistant on womenswear
- A full understanding the Buying and Merchandising Life-cycle
- Some experienced in managing or mentoring others
- Proficient in presenting to Senior Stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can confidently work out cost prices, margins and recommend selling prices