About Helly Hansen
Founded in Norway in 1877, Helly Hansen continues to develop professional-grade apparel that helps people stay and feel alive. Through insights drawn from living and working in the world’s harshest environments, the company has developed a long list of first-to-market innovations, including the first supple waterproof fabrics almost 140 years ago. Other breakthroughs include the first fleece fabrics in the 1960s, the first technical base layers in the 1970s, made with Lifa® Stay Dry Technology, and today’s award winning and patented H2Flow™ temperature regulating system.
Helly Hansen is a leader in technical sailing and performance ski apparel, as well as premium workwear. Its ski uniforms are worn and trusted by more than 55,000 professionals and can be found on Olympians, National Teams, and at more than 200 ski resorts and mountain guiding operations around the world.
Helly Hansen’s outerwear, base layers, sportswear and footwear are sold in more than 40 countries and trusted by outdoor professionals and enthusiasts around the world. To learn more about Helly Hansen’s latest collections, visit www.hellyhansen.com
Helly Hansen seeks a Designer for the Mid/Baselayer collection
In this position you will be responsible for our base and midlayer collection for men and women. You will also work closely with the design teams in the technical categories.
- To drive the creative direction of briefed products based on general design direction. If necessary drive creative direction of briefed styles together with other designers involved with the same category.
- To x-seasonal follow given categories and give input to CM´s from a design point of view.
- To coordinate product design and visual language with other involved designers.
- To brief, select or design components going into all given products such as fabrics, graphics, trims.
- To create original garment designs in accordance with HH product philosophy, seasonal design brief and sport specific required functional design figures.
- To establish and maintain corporate design standards and quality according to HH design philosophy.
- To produce drawings and Tech packs according to technical specifications rules.
- To take part in critique process for construction, function and sizing, for counter sample, sales sample and pre-production sample.
- To provide additional Design assistance on any other proposal related to trim, packaging, promotion, Buyers Guide and corners offered and realised by any third party.
- To develop all necessary presentation material for internal and external use for briefed categories.
- To take active part and contribute to internal- and external presentations if asked to.
- To meet corporate development timeline.
- To carry out other related duties and instructions as required by Design Manager.
- To drive technical innovation within given categories.
CMD, Design, Developers, Fabric Team
- Full integration of Design support into the product development process.
- Execution of the category briefs through product design and brand expression. Assist in line presentation.
- Specification and realization of product
Experiences and capabilities:
- Min 2 years as responsible designer for Mid/baselayer or similar
- Experience with design and execution of graphics
- Passion for colour and surface design, and experience in this work
- Good knowledge of Product construction, Functional fabrics and Sport specific needs.
- Good knowledge and interest in the Sports apparel market and end consumer trends.
- Experience in working with factories and fabric suppliers.
- A good team player and self-propelled.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Sharing our love for Nature and HH related sports.
- Young, dynamic and international environment
- Competitive benefits
Any Questions can be directed to Lindsey.firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: 23. September, 2018