Mountain Design Developer
About Helly Hansen
Founded in Norway in 1877, Helly Hansen continues to develop professional-grade apparel that helps people stay and feel alive. Through insights drawn from living and working in the world’s harshest environments, the company has developed a long list of first-to-market innovations, including the first supple waterproof fabrics almost 140 years ago. Other breakthroughs include the first fleece fabrics in the 1960s, the first technical base layers in the 1970s, made with Lifa® Stay Dry Technology, and today’s award winning and patented H2Flow™ temperature regulating system.
Helly Hansen is a leader in technical sailing and performance ski apparel, as well as premium workwear. Its ski uniforms are worn and trusted by more than 55,000 professionals and can be found on Olympians, National Teams, and at more than 200 ski resorts and mountain guiding operations around the world.
Helly Hansen’s outerwear, base layers, sportswear and footwear are sold in more than 40 countries and trusted by outdoor professionals and enthusiasts around the world. To learn more about Helly Hansen’s latest collections, visit www.hellyhansen.com
Helly Hansen seeks Designer / Developer for the Mountain collection
In this position you will be responsible designing and developing part of our Mountain collection for men and women, with a focus on 2 of its product ranges: Mountain Essentials (core outdoor pieces, down, 3L, stretch woven) and Fjord til Fjell (technical lifestyle).
- To design and develop briefed products based on the category’s design direction and target costs.
- To take products from brief to final counter sample and manage both administrative development tasks as well innovative prototype work.
- To deliver products according to HH quality standards and assure product margins.
- To manage the product fit, and ensure the best fit is achieved.
- To coordinate product design and visual language with other involved designers.
- To brief, select or design components going into all given products such as fabrics, graphics, trims.
- To create original garment designs in accordance with HH product philosophy, seasonal design brief and sport specific required functional design figures.
- To establish and maintain corporate design standards and quality according to HH design philosophy.
- To produce drawings and Tech packs according to technical specifications rules.
- Responsible for product development including: tech pack creation, prototype reviews, product fit, pricing and vendor communication.
- To take part in critique process for construction, function and sizing, for counter sample, sales sample and pre-production sample.
- To provide additional Design assistance on any other proposal related to trim, packaging, promotion, Buyers Guide and corners offered and realised by any third party.
- To develop all necessary presentation material for internal and external use for briefed categories.
- To take active part and contribute to internal- and external presentations if asked to.
- To meeting design and development deadlines for product commercialization.
- Vendor and market visits in Europe and Asia on regular basis.
- To carry out other related duties and instructions as required by Design Manager.
Product Managers, Mountain Design Manager, Design team, Development Team, Fabric Team and Factories.
Experiences and capabilities:
- Min 2 years in design and development for outdoor technical clothing or similar
- Experience with the design development of technical stretch woven and knits.
- Understanding of the outdoor lifestyle clothing trends in North America, specifically the Pacific North West.
- Passion for the mountains, outdoor activities, and awareness of end consumer trends.
- Great knowledge of Product construction, Functional fabrics and Sport specific needs.
- Experience in working with factories and fabric suppliers.
- Fluent in English
- Advanced user of Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Office programs. Experience working with PDM/PLM systems.
- A good team player and self-propelled.
- Great time management and communication skills.
- Sharing our love for Nature and HH related sports.
- Bonus: Experience with design and execution of 3L water resistant garments and lamination
- Young, dynamic and international environment
- Competitive benefits
Any Questions can be directed to Lindsey.firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: 23. September, 2018