Product Development Manager – Wovens
Our client is a privately owned business with two successful womenswear brands, focused on contemporary design in natural fabrics. Exclusive designs sold direct to a loyal and growing customer base in the UK, US and Europe. They have an exciting and dynamic role for a Product Development and Supply Chain Manager (Wovens) to join their small team in London. This is a key role with the potential to create real value for the business.
Product Development Manager (Wovens) - The Role:
- Responsible for managing the seasonal product development of new designs whilst also developing our supply chain for all woven products.
- Also responsible for 'bought in' jewellery and scarves: finding suppliers and negotiating prces.
- Work closely with designers to understand requirements in terms of new fabrics and techniques
- Own the relationship with partner suppliers, garment factories and fabric mills
- Source new fabrics requested by designers as well as making new fabric recommendations to the design team
- Work on the development of new fabrics with mills and suppliers
- Become the expert in terms of where to source each of the fabrics
- Propose suppliers for each new design and manage the placement of products with suppliers
- Negotiate all cost prices with suppliers
- Set RRP prices for each market
- Order sample lengths and arrange fabric trials
- Responsible for attending fit sessions, chasing fit samples and uploading photos
- Agree critical path with suppliers to ensure shoot samples and bulk deliveries on time
- Travel to fabric shows and visit suppliers, new and existing in Europe, India and the Far East
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of their supply chain, propose new developments and seek new opportunities
- Ensure QC team fully informed
- Help to resolve QC issues
Product Development Manager (Wovens) - The Candidate:
- The role demands someone who understands textiles from an aesthetic point of view combined with a commercial understanding of the fashion industry
- Adept at negotiating prices and margins
- Some technical knowledge of woven fabrics, and experience of working with natural fabrics
- Organised self-starter
- A team player with natural communication skills, good at building relationships
- An experienced, professional confident in dealing with suppliers
- Knowledge of Excel.
Product Development Manager (Wovens) - The Package:
- Competitive salary DOE
- Benefits include discount on product and an on site gym
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.