Product Development Engineer (Footwear)
ELeather is an environmentally friendly materials technology company that is headquartered in Peterborough and exports to over 40 countries worldwide.
ELeather take unused traditional leather fibre and through a totally unique and patented process, engineer a high-performance, technically advanced leather fibre composite. ELeather products are designed and manufactured to provide exceptional performance characteristics delivering an eco-friendly material that out-performs traditional materials. Our product collections are a true evolution in material technology – maximising performance and enhancing experiences in a more environmentally responsible way.
With an established blue chip global customer base, the ELeather team are proud to supply over 150 airlines, including the world’s four largest, as well as transforming over 12,000 trains and buses, providing a better passenger experience.
ELeather has received multiple technology and sustainability awards, including The Sunday Times ‘Tech Track 100’ and ‘International Track 200’, Global Cleantech 100, the ACM Greener Pathways award, and the Financial Times 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain.
The Product Development Engineer role:
This is a superb opportunity for the right candidate to join our enthusiastic and developing Technical team within a fast-paced, growing organisation.
We require innovative, creative and technically competent Product and Application Development Engineers who are able to work with Customers, Market Managers, our Core R&D team and our Sales Teams. In this role, you will support our business growth by identifying innovative technical solutions and answer in the most effective and differentiated way, well understood unmet needs, pains and desires across multiple markets.
- Partner with marketing and core R&D functions on technical strategies that will direct product development in support of specific growth differentiation and diversification strategies in the Footwear industry
- Understand the global regulatory environment and translate current and pending regulations and industry trends and drivers into well-articulated technology road maps, including advocacy as appropriate
- Lead differentiated product development projects based on well-defined, unmet needs, industry trends and specific application technical requirements, securing IP protection where possible
- Lead the new product development stage-gate process for each project ensuring products are developed on time and in budget
- Previous experience of working within Footwear markets
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in product and/or application development, preferably related to the footwear market
- Master’s Degree in a science or engineering related discipline
- Business acumen and demonstrated ability to create value across development and implementation of new products, solutions and business models
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret and communicate data
- Strong relationship skills, able to work with colleagues and customers to grow the business with an enlightened and enthusiastic style
- The ability to support and challenge key internal stakeholders
- Proven ability to operate in a fast paced and highly dynamic business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, with a second language preferred (German, Spanish, French, Italian, Mandarin)
- Understanding and use of basic financial tools (NPV, IRR, Income statement)
If you feel you are suitable for our Product Development Engineer position, please apply now.
Apply for Product Development Engineer (Footwear)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly