Assistant Buyer- Home & Gifts
You will report into the buyer on your department. Work with line manager to build and create a product range and balanced assortment which is inspirational, creative and reflective of target customer profile across all stores.
Although office based you will need to be flexible to travel to other stores and aboard in line with the needs of the Business.
My client a leading British retailer with a long standing heritage are looking for an Assistant Buyer - Home & Gifts to join their buying team in their North East Office. The company is home to premium and luxury brands across all departments and works on delivering, both an innovative and luxury environment for its customers.
* Support your line manager in the delivery of sales and profit, in line with the agreed buying strategy.
* Support your line manager in delivering a strong range, ensuring a companywide commercial and fashion brand mix, identifying new brands and trends, which has local at its core
* Support your line manager in supplier negotiations, managing all aspects of buying to maximise the profit; margin, sell through, markdown and staffing
* Work cross-functionally across the business; merchandising, retail ops, marketing and online, to support line manager to drive sales, identifying and maximising all commercial opportunities.
* Support line manager to buy to achieve an authoritative and creative offer; reflecting an optimum width, depth and balance of assortment, ensuring this matches the agreed strategic direction and budget.
* Build strong supplier relationships to negotiate optimum terms. Work with line manager to develop partnerships with key suppliers to maximise commercial relationships.
* Ensure KPIs including margins /markdowns and costs are in line with budget.
* Agree selling prices in line with the market, company policy and agreed price points with line manager.
* Manage immediate reports
* Ensure all aspects of your work embrace the company vision and values
- Numerate with good analytical skills
- Brand building experience
- Good knowledge of trends and social influencers
- Current/relevant product and market awareness
- Good negotiating skills.
- Developed communication, influencing and relationship skills.
- Able to make logical decisions under pressure
- Able to manage time well to prioritise multiple workstreams/objectives
- Good financial awareness and acumen
- Innovative and uses initiative
- Good working knowledge of excel and B+M system
- Experience of coaching, developing and supervising team members
- 1-3 years experience in a buying team or similar
- Fashion/ Creative Degree
Leading Retailer, Premium Product, a chance to develop your buying career