Senior Designer Jerseywear
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the design team for a market leading fashion supplier who lead the way in womenswear fashion, in return you will be rewarded with an excellent salary and career progression, designing trend led commercial jerseywear for the UK High Street. They are now looking to recruit a jersey wear designer with a pretty, feminine handwriting who is very strong on trends and aware of what is going on and can translate key catwalk trends into a strong commercial range. Working on accounts such as George, Tesco, and Next
Main duties of this role will include:
Create and develop product designs tailored to the portfolio of customers
- Work closely with the Head of Jersey and Sales to update best sellers
- Analyse and report on catwalk shows highlighting key trends
- Researching lifestyle trends and blogs to make sure we are constantly focused on the customers product needs.
- Working with fabric team to implement direction and innovation for the season.
- Creating on-trend, forward-thinking yet commercial womenswear designs keeping in line with the buyer's briefs.
- You will work closely with their in-house sales and production team along with retail buyers.
- Attending sales and development meetings.
- International inspirational and development trips and following up with reports.
- Overseeing development of all sampling ensuring deadlines are met.
Previous jersey experience working for a supplier or retailer working with high street retailers and supermarkets
Strong commercial portfolio to reflect current trends
Ability to work to deadlines
Good Knowledge of Garment Construction
Able to present confidently and work well in a team environment