Established Assistant Merchandiser - Accessories
We are looking for an Established Assistant Merchandiser - Accessories to join our client who is a well-known and loved British brand based in Central London.
Our client is a British icon on the high street, who are going through an exciting change and huge period of growth. It is an exciting time to join them in their Central London office.
As an Established Assistant Merchandiser - Accessories you will be;
- Leading your category (£30m turnover a year) alongside the Merchandise Manager and Buying teams to set and manage strategy, planning and trading for the product area, and identifying current and future trading opportunities.
- To set up, maintain and update the sales, stocks, intakes and markdowns on the WSSI's and to review them regularly communicating recommendations to the Merchandiser/Buying teams.
- Plan and place re-orders for continuity ranges to meet agreed sales forecast, cover and stock targets.
- Assist the Merchandise Manager in OTB planning, maximising full price sell through, reducing markdown and improving stock turn. Continually monitor department performance against plan and identify opportunities to drive profit and minimise risk.
- Provide a regular summary of performance within areas of responsibility, relating to sales, stock, profit and promotions and markdown versus budget/last year. Provide historical department analysis to contribute to future strategic direction and decision making.
To be successful for this Established Established Assistant Merchandiser - Accessories you will need;
- A proven track record as an Assistant Merchandiser, ideally in accessories within a retail environment
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Demonstrated financial acumen in previous roles
- Good commercial awareness of the industry
- Good working knowledge of excel and B+M systems - in particular WSSI's, and Stock and Commitment processes
- Able to make logical decisions under pressure
- Able to manage time well to prioritise multiple workstreams/objectives
- Innovative and uses initiative
Attractive and open across entry level to experienced AM/SAM