Senior Footwear and Accessories Technologist
1 day left
- Job Type
Our client is a leading on line retailer who currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Footwear and Accessories Technologist to join their London team, working across all product areas of footwear and accessories.
Senior Footwear and Accessories Technologist - The Role:
- Work closely with buying, merchandising, design and supply based, drawing on a solid understanding of the various manufacturing processes and costings.
- Be passionate about fit and sizing for the footwear department.
- Take ownership of the sealing process, working in a fast paced environment and to tight critical paths.
- Risk assess products in terms of safety, with an eye on international regulations as well as British Standards.
- Using lessons learnt through benchmarking, fit days and wearer trials to make sure product is competitive and ahead of the game and in line with the business's quality standards.
- Keep up to date with industry innovations, networking internally and externally to identify opportunities in the supply base.
- Analyse reoccurring issues and put corrective action plans in place.
- Ensure products are responsibly sourced and able to identify potential issues to flag to our ethical team.
- Line management of individuals at Garment Technologist and Assistant Technology level.
Senior Footwear and Accessories Technologist - The Candidate:
- Have extensive experience in analysing test reports.
- Experience in pattern cutting and grading for women's footwear.
- Experience in product development.
- A strategic mindset.
- Experience in Menswear and Womenswear multi category footwear.
- Experience of working within a high street retailer.
- Self motivation and the ability to take the initiative and respond quickly to change.
- Strong communication and networking skills across all levels.
- Good knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, Word, internet and email packages.
- Excellent communication skills, able to build relationships across the business and with suppliers in person, by email and on the phone.
- Reliable, flexible and good at working within a fast paced team.
- Strong organisational skills.
Senior Footwear and Accessories Technologist - The Package:
- Generous salary and pension matching.
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in this role only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.