Lead Designer- Sailing
Founded in Norway in 1877, Helly Hansen continues to develop professional-grade apparel that helps people stay and feel alive. Through insights drawn from living and working in the world's harshest environments, the company has developed a long list of first-to-market innovations, including the first supple waterproof fabrics almost 140 years ago. Other breakthroughs include the first fleece fabrics in the 1960s, the first technical base layers in the 1970s, made with Lifa® Stay Dry Technology, and today's award winning and patented H2Flow® temperature regulating system.
Helly Hansen is a leader in both technical sailing and performance ski apparel. Its ski uniforms are worn and trusted by more than 50,000 professionals and can be found on Olympians, National Teams, and at more than 200 ski resorts and mountain guiding operations around the world.
Helly Hansen's outerwear, base layers, sportswear and footwear are sold in more than 40 countries and trusted by outdoor professionals and enthusiasts around the world. To learn more about Helly Hansen's latest collections, visit www.hellyhansen.com
Helly Hansen seeks a Lead Designer for the Helly Hansen Sailing Category
Helly Hansen has with its growth the last years become the leading technical clothing company in the sailing category. To strengthen our team we are seeking a highly qualified lead designer to drive our year round global focus for sailing gear and marine lifestyle. The role will be leading the design work in the Sailing category with in-house and freelance design resources and shape the future of Helly Hansen sailing product lines in accordance with long term strategy and seasonal product line briefings and reports to the category managing director sailing. As the brand trusted by professionals our design philosophy is built on consumer insights with special attention to learn from our partnerships ranging from national sailing teams, rescue services, campaigns in the largest major global sailing events, i.e. Volvo ocean race, Americas cup & Vendee Globe, our sailing brand ambassadors and insight gained through our digital and physical retail stores.
The sailing lead design role is a unique opportunity and challenge in design trough the wide span of products from technical performance garments and lifestyle products for store types ranging from marine specialty harbours to sporting goods to fashion. The role is located at Helly Hansen headquarter in the center of Oslo, between the sea and the mountains with an unique opportunity for engaging in outdoor activities, with both sailing clubs and ski resorts close to the office. Our workforce consists of multiple nationalities and has an international and sporty atmosphere.
- Drive the creative direction and technical innovation for sailing with the technical product team and external design recourses when applicable.
- Promote full team knowledge of category design goals and relevant consumer insights and market awareness
- Create and lead the design of the Sailing category collections with original garment designs, graphics and product sign offs and packaging direction. In accordance with HH product philosophy and seasonal design brief
- To work cross functionally with design and development team, materials team, category management and R&D team to have the lead category knowledge on available manufacturing techniques, competitors, materials and constructions.
- To create in accordance with HH product philosophy, seasonal design brief and sport specific required functional design features
- To establish and maintain corporate design standards and quality according to HH design philosophy.
- To take part in critique process for construction, function and sizing for proto samples and sales samples.
- To develop all necessary presentation material for internal and external use for briefed categories.
- Be hands on, produce drawings and tech packs to company standards
- Be actively involved in both internal and external presentations when required
- Experienced Sport garment with technical outerwear and lifestyle design, 5 years of experience as a senior designer or similar. Likely to be a graduate with a related technical/textile qualification
- Interest and knowledge in new innovative methods of design and manufacturing
- Strong experience in technical design of performance apparel.
- Experience in project work with short deadlines and improvisation where you need to hit the ground running.
- Managerial experience of a team to provide guidance and mentoring to promote strong team work.
- Experienced in working and collaborating with factories/sourcing partners
- Good knowledge of Product construction and cost build, Functional fabrics and Sport specific needs.
- Good knowledge and interest in the Sport of Sailing and relevant apparel market and end consumer trends.
- Experience in working with factories and fabric suppliers.
- A good team player and self propelled.
- Sharing our love for nature and Helly Hansen related sports
- Ability to travel internationally
- Young, dynamic and international environment
- Competitive benefits
Any Questions can be directed to email@example.com
Deadline for application: 7 October 2018
Application only to link. http://web103.reachmee.com/ext/I005/1009/job?site=8&lang=UK&validator=14e2d829b54771ce1490ed8e4d5599eb&job_id=149