Merchandise Manager - Ladieswear
This is a fantastic role for a Merchandise Manager - Ladieswear to come in and head up the whole of ladieswear for this iconic London based retail brand!
Reporting into the Merchandising Director you will lead a team of 6 and build and support the merchandising function from scratch!
My client is a well known and loved brand that everyone wants to work for! based in London you can be in the Central London office or in the satellite offices in the home counties
Merchandise Manager - Ladieswear you will be:
- Responsible for overseeing a divisional Merchandise team.
- Heading up womenswear
- Working closely with Assistant Merchandisers and Buying teams to set and manage strategy, planning and trading for their product area.
- Calculate and manage OTB by season for their division with the objective of maximising full price sell through, reducing markdown and improving stock turn.
- Working with the Buying team/Assistant Merchandisers to regularly review department trading performance against plan. Seek to maximise commercial opportunities, optimise allocated space and identify ways to grow sales and profitability.
- Ensure effective communication at all levels to include strategy, trading issues and forecasts with proposed action to Director of Merchandise and Buying teams.
- Inspire and lead the team, to achieve the best possible performance. Set objectives and give regular feedback on performance.
To be successful for this role you will need;
- Proven track record as a Senior / Merchandise Manager ideally in Ladieswear
Excellent analytical and numerical skills, linked with financial acumen
Strong commercial awareness of the industry
- Developed communication, influencing and relationship skills.
- Good working knowledge of excel and B+M systems - in particular WSSI's, and Stock and Commitment processes
Experienced in coaching, developing and managing a team
Proven track record of delivery through successfully managing a team
Able to make logical decisions under pressure
Able to manage time well to prioritise multiple workstreams/objectives
Innovative and uses initiative
Proven track record of delivering merchandising whilst working within a buying or merchandising function
As a Merchandise Manager - Ladieswear you will be offered a very attractive base salary