My client a leading fashion retailer- their business is constantly evolving, and the finance department must evolve with the business. In order to grow the finance department and the business, they require a Financial Controller to help implement structure, set targets & plan YOY.
The ideal candidate will be someone who wants to make an impression the role. They will have a desire to understand the business and the key elements of performance whilst considering how this impacts their role and those around them. They will not be afraid to be involved in the ‘doing’ of tasks and be someone who wants to develop their peers. The right candidate for this role is someone who sees themselves as a future business leader and has a real desire to progress.
Financial Controller- The Role
- Production of detailed monthly management accounts for the total business.
- P&L, balance sheet, cashflow and detailed variance analysis of actuals versus budget, forecast and previous year.
- Ensure all reporting is completed in accordance with strict reporting deadlines.
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are completed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Implement improvements to processes
- Work with other members of the business to resolve issues and drive through cost improvements.
- Take an active role in understanding all areas of the business in order to provide accurate and relevant review points to Directors.
- Produce overhead budgets and reforecasts – working closely with members of the business to understand exactly what basis forecasts have been built on and challenge any unknown spend figures.
- Review overheads against budget/reforecasts and explain any variances.
- Business partner with department heads to proactively reduce costs
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis where required
- Assist with the development of the accounts team
- Invoicing, credit/debit notes, liaising with suppliers, collecting payment
- Debtor/creditor analysis
- Preparing weekly & monthly pay runs
- Prepare end of year accounts
Financial Controller- The Person
- Fully qualified accountant, ideally with a few years post qualification experience.
- Recent experience of working in a management accounts role, ideally within a fast-paced retail or ecommerce role.
- Experience of managing and developing others.
- Advanced excel skills with the capability to manipulate large volumes of data and present back in easily digestible formats.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and close attention to detail.
This is a great opportunity that does not want to be missed. Please send your CV and Portfolio to email@example.com.