Prestigious Global Energy Business Recruiting a Visionary and business Savvy Buying Manager
Your new company
Hays Retail are currently partnered with a prestigious Global energy business. They are a large and established company thriving with opportunity for progression and development in addition to being a future focused and ethically sound business.
They are truly innovative, leveraging technology, market research and ambition to drive the business forward and create a low carbon fuelled world. This is a role suitable for a numerical and business savvy Buying Manager.
A visionary who can not only negotiate like a pro in tricky and times heated situations, can offer execution and growth select and monitor suppliers and is an expert in the sector but can also see answers to problems and streamline processes to protect profit, deliver quality goods and manage relationships with suppliers to deliver on margins.
Your new role
- Responsibility for all aspects of profitability delivered through the Branded Category and Space Planning team
- Responsible for 'end to end' Central Income process - maximising supplier funding through appropriate marketing strategies, forecasting income,
- Develop and manage relationships with branded suppliers to optimise all aspects of commercial terms and margin.
- Determine product ranges within different formats and clusters to meet demands of our 'High Value Customers'
- Working with the CoE to develop comprehensive 3 year category plans to ensure the branded offer meets customer growth trends and expectations
- Develop and maintain a clear pricing strategy to maximise sales and margin
- Recommend improvement programmes to enable delivery of the agreed plan
- Continually develop sources of insight to drive the offer for our customers. Work with Digital and Customer Insights teams to gain a better understanding of the opportunities in data utilisation.
- Develop strong working relationships with internal customers, namely marketing, operations, assets and performance planning.
- Ensure the accurate implementation of planograms to reflect the space allocation within categories.
- Oversee the category and space planning teams to ensure continued reviews and analyse of planograms (size, facings etc.) are undertaken to maximise sales penetration of customer propositions
- Develop the strategy around the requirement for future equipment innovation for in-store display and merchandising. Working closely with external teams
- Ensure that all small equipment units and fixtures are appropriately assessed through the SERT process
- Performance Management of team (5 direct reports)
- Ensure that all range layouts are consistent with legal, regulatory and HSE requirements
- Ensure development of continuous improvement opportunities to ensure compliance to POG expectations on site are managed effectively and efficiently
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of retail buying, category management and retail Space Planning preferable.
- Comfortable with reading and manipulating large amounts of numerical data
- Comfortable in dealing with conflict in a negotiation situation
- Able to present at Leadership level
- Negotiating in Retail
- Sector, Market, Customer and Competitor Understanding
- Offer Execution and Growth
- Supplier Selection & Monitoring
- Integrated Pricing
- Retail Category Management
- Retail Business Acumen
- Using Market Research Effectively
- Partner Relationship and Management
- Retail Standards and Procedures
- Ability to travel about 25% of the time
- University degree or equivalent desirable
What you'll get in return
- An innovative and fun culture, with a welcoming and friendly team
- Autonomy over your work and career development opportunities
- The opportunity to work for an established brand with an exceptional reputation within the industry.
- Excellent opportunity for progression and development
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.