Head of Design - Womenswear (India) - Expat Role
About the Company
Our client is a large and growing fast fashion retailer in India. With over 300 stores and growing, they turnover in excess of $1bn in apparel merchandise. The business is seeking a high-calibre Head of Design - Womenswear to lead the charge of 10-12 member team based in Bangalore.
The vision is to bring European fast fashion to the fast growing young and urban population of the subcontinent.
Based in the city centre of the cosmopolitan city of Bangalore where all international brands like Zara, H&M have made their mark, our client is taking on these big brands head on only to add 100 stores every year to their portfolio.
Would you like to be part of the leadership team of this growth story?
The ideal candidate will be someone with international or European experience in design management, with deep experience in fast fashion womenswear.
Head of Design: The role:
- Be the creative leader in the womenswear category. Product area is western wear including dresses, jackets & coats, jeans, leggings, shirts, shorts, skirts, tops etc.
- Lead and implement the creative strategy in line with consumer preferences and overall business plan
- Even though the role is quite strategic, you will be operationally quite hands on with design, trends, delivering on design options etc.
- Be responsible for your team's budget
- Achieve full price sell through, deliver margins as per business goals
- Lead, train, hire, motivate design team to deliver high quality, customer focussed design work
- Provide direction on seasonal requirements on fabrics, trims etc
- Maximise the use of resources to deliver best results
- Work closely with the CEO on new concepts and innovations to remain ahead of the market
Head of Design: The person:
- The ideal candidate will be a leader with international experience in managing design teams
- You will be highly aware of the market, trends and competition
- You will be well aware of different industry trends across all product areas within womenswear
- You will be a strong and commercial personality with vision to drive the creative strategy
This is a crucial appointment, and is aimed at attracting someone with strong design, leadership skills and international experience.
Bangalore is a very international city located south of India. Host to leading global brands, restaurants, pubs, it is like a New York or London of India. Weather is pleasant around the year, unlike Mumbai or Delhi. It has great international schools, healthcare facilities and access to all resources that support and attract an expat lifestyle. The final stage of the recruitment process will involve flying you down to Bangalore to meet the business, the team and the city.
What is on offer:
Excellent expat package, access to a great lifestyle and a fantastic internationally focussed work environment.