If you have at least 3 years experience in a fast paced buying role, we have the perfect career prospect for you!
We are looking for a confident Womenswear Buyer to join the team, based in London. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and In return you will receive a competitive salary and excellent benefits!
REISS has established a design philosophy centred on creating design-led menswear, womenswear and accessories. With an uncompromising commitment to delivering innovative and original products, we fuse exceptional design, quality and value.
At the heart of our business are our people. We all have a part to play in our continued success. Our people values are integral to this and support the entrepreneurial spirit that REISS was built on.
As our Womenswear Buyer you will work with Merchandising team to deliver in-depth range plans for the season, and deliver this to Design in an appropriate and effective way.
Responsibilities of our Womenswear Buyer will include:
- Work with the Design team from design inception through to delivery to customer and ensure a consistent brand identity
- Challenge the Design and Merchandising teams in order to drive new and interesting product
- Drive product development and commerciality through involvement in fit sessions, choice of fabrication and colour
- Constantly review Womenswear market and external competitors
- Review pricing architecture with Merchandising team to ensure the brand is competitive and relevant
- Work closely with VM and e-commerce to ensure the design process and aesthetics are represented through product placement and advertorial
- Seek & understand the brand; its values and vision. ).
- Work with Design, Merchandising and Production to assess the size of trend, using past history and judgement to scope potential.
- Understands and enthuses about the product, relating this to current trends and the Brand values.
- Shows the ability to take difficult and business critical decisions confidently and accurately
- Finds logical and commercial solutions to problems, contributing to team problem solving.
- Takes initiative to resolve issues within their control.
Our Womenswear Buyer will have the following skills and experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a fast paced buying role
- Batchelor’s degree in Fashion Design/Fashion Business preferential
- A balance of creativity and commercial acumen
- A team player focused on delivering results, and a self-starter with the ability to set stretching goals
- Demonstrate a connection with and have a fine understanding of the brand’s vision and identity
- Effective influencing skills and the ability to work with all kinds of people
- Maintains calm and rational under pressure
- Persuasive, energetic, enthusiastic and not afraid of hard work
- Demonstrates initiative, self-motivation and ownership
- Raises the profile of the Buying team within the business
- Leads by example and is a strong role model for the team
- Manages workload for the team and yourself, organising, planning and delegating to ensure objectives are achieved
- Have a strong fashion eye and passion for product
- Ideal for a Junior Buyer seeking that next step up or current Buyer wanting that new challenge
If you think you have the skills and experience required to start your story as our Womenswear Buyer then don’t miss out - apply now!